I can’t believe that I haven’t done a Hodgepodge since Jan. 2! Hope I remember how. Ha!
1. In the USA this coming Sunday millions will be watching as the Baltimore Ravens take on the San Francisco 49's in the Superbowl. What was the last event you attended that could be described as super?
I attended a World Series game in 1987.
2. Share something you're a fan of these days?
I’m a fan of the Cardinals (baseball) and the Blues (hockey). I’m a fan of NCIS.
3. How do you feel about wings? In case anyone is confused, I'm talking the edible appetizer kind. What's your preferred seasoning on a wing-hot, mild, teriyaki, sweet and sour, other? Do you make your own or is there a favorite place you like to go for wings?
There used to be a sports pub in the nearby town that had The. Best. Wings. Ever! It was part of a regional chain that unfortunately hasn’t fared well in the last 10 years … the only one remaining is about an hour away. The restaurant that moved into the vacated spot of the local sports pub has very good wings, just not quite as good as the earlier pub. I prefer hot.
4. As long as we're talking sports today...have you followed the Lance Armstrong story? Did you watch his interview with Oprah and if so what was your reaction to his confession and subsequent remarks?
I didn’t see the interview so I have no reaction to his confession. I don’t understand why these athletes think they can hide their transgressions … haven’t they learned that sooner or later they’re going to get caught? And I don’t understand how they think that we’re just going to forget all their protestations of innocence? <sigh>
5. What's a question you hate to be asked?
I can think of no particular question that I hate to be asked.
6. The coaches in this Sunday's big game happen to be real life brothers. Jim Harbaugh coaches the 49er's and his older brother John Harbaugh coaches the Baltimore Ravens. Were you and your sibling(s) competitive? In what way? Are you still? If you're an only child how did you handle competition growing up?
Yes, I was and am still very competitive.
7. What's your favorite game involving a ball and when did you last play?
My favorite game involving a ball is baseball, but these days I’m a spectator, not a participant … not that I was very much of a participant. My favorite activities as a child were more sedentary ones, but I did play a little baseball now and then … the kids in our neighborhood would frequently get together and play some baseball in our backyards, and I could always be talked into playing so we could field two teams.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I do believe I’ve come down with something … my guess would be bronchitis. All I can say is if I have to suffer through this, I’m glad I got it now, rather than 3 weeks ago. ;-)