Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Random Dozen

Fall starts tomorrow ... so why is my air conditioner still running?  I guess because technically it's still summer TODAY?  $$$$  I hate, hate, hate having to shut the windows and run that air conditioner, but I hate sweating even more (trust me, it's not a pretty sight LOL).  

Here's this week's Random Dozen (if I knew what I was doing, you could click on the donuts above to see what everyone else's answers are, but since I don't, click on this link: http://2nd-cup-of-coffee.blogspot.com/).


1.    Have you, or has someone close to you, ever won an award for anything?
 My sister is a professor at the University of Texas and has won a few teaching awards.

2. Who is the nearest relative to you who has served in the US Military?
My maternal grandfather served in World War I.

3. Share something that stirs the patriotic spirit in you.
Singing the national anthem.

4. Where are you in the birth order in your family? Do you think your "placement" made a difference in your personality?
#1/oldest child.  I'm not sure I buy into all that, but it's hard to continue that belief when I see how many of the personality traits common to the first-born child I have. 
 ·       People pleaser
·       Crave approval
·       Nurturers
·       Caregivers
·       Reliable
·       "Grin and bear it" mentality
·       Perfectionists
·       Conventional
·       Always have things under control (or at least try to)

5. Name one trait you hope you carry that was evidenced in your parents or grandparents.
Willingness to work hard.

6. If female, do you prefer wearing a skirt or pants? If male, shirt and tie or polo?
Pants!  Without a question.  I’ll wear a skirt to church, but I’m way more comfortable in pants (jeans preferably).  I'm not a fashionista ...give me a comfortable pair of jeans and T-shirt and I'm good to go.

7. Approximately how many times do you wake during the night? What do you do to go back to sleep?
I really don’t know … I don’t count, but it’s usually at least once during the night.  Once I fall asleep, I don’t have too much trouble staying asleep … until 6:00 a.m. (regardless of what time I went to bed; all my dreams of sleeping in once I retired have all been dashed! LOL).

8. Share a favorite movie quote.
"Not today, Zerg."
Ok, I know it’s not very profound, but when T#1 was just a toddler, Toy Story was his favorite movie … and whenever we were together, he would be Buzz and I would be his Woody.  As a result, I’ll always have a special place in my heart for that movie.  <3

9. What is your favorite Fall candle scent?
Pumpkin spice ... got one lit here on the counter.

10. What is one Fall activity you're looking forward to?
The start of hockey season.  I would have hoped that I could add watching the Cardinals in the post season, but that’s not going to happen.  <sigh> 

11. Tell us about a pleasant surprise that happened to you recently.
??  Is it because I’ve not received any pleasant surprises lately or because I can’t remember them??  With my memory, I’ll put my money on the second choice.

12. What was it like when you first met your in-laws-to-be?
Speaking of my memory, you expect me to remember that long ago?  We met at a local restaurant for dinner.  I was a little apprehensive, but it turned out that there was no need to be.  And that truly is all that I can remember right now about that evening.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my...did you have to post those characteristics of a first-born? I have all of them!! And so does my daughter! Yikes!

    Enjoyed all of your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...did you have to post those characteristics of a first-born? I have all of them!! And so does my daughter! Yikes!

    Enjoyed all of your answers!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)