Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thankful Thursday




It’s Thursday … a day that seemingly gets forgotten between Hump Day and TGIF Friday … a day when I take a few moments to express how richly I’m blessed.

1. The freedoms we enjoy in this country.  While Independence Day (does anyone still call July 4 that any more?) coming, it’s time to look past the problems of budget deficits, budget cuts, political debates, etc. and focus instead of the freedoms we enjoy, the freedoms that came (and still come) at a price.

2. The weather.  It’s been absolutely gorgeous … warm and sunny and almost no humidity to speak of.  Granted, this will won’t last long … summer will return tomorrow with 90-degree weather and 100+ heat indices, but it’s nice to be able to enjoy having the windows open or sitting out on the deck with a good book.

3. The internet.  I’m so thankful for things like blogging and Facebook, where I can connect with old friends and make new ones.  I’m thankful for resources … like www.allrecipes.com where I found a new recipe for tilapia that DH declared a winner.  I’m thankful for email that allows my sisters and me to stay in touch with our dad on a daily basis. 

4. A good haircut.  I got my hair trimmed Tuesday evening … I didn’t realize how long it’d gotten since the last trim.  This just feels so much better.

10 comments:

  1. Great post today! I'm thankful for those same things, for the same reasons. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the internet as well. The people that I have met throug blogging are just wonderful - like you. I'm afraid to get my hair cut because the last one was so bad!!! Glad you got a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a good weekend and enjoy this weather. Its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A new haircut can make you feel like a new woman! We have been having great weather here too. Always helps to lift my mood when the sun is shining :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you have a minute I'd love a link to the tilapia recipe...I cook a lot of fish.

    Happy Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad the weather has been pleasant for a few days; that is always refreshing!! Always good to get a hair cut too! I hadn't gotten mine cut in a year and about three weeks ago it was starting to bother me on my neck (I am my mother's daughter, LOL), she didn't like hair on her neck either so in to the hair cutter I went; feels so good!

    it is good you take the time on Thursdays to write a thankful post! We do have so much to be grateful for because we are so incredibly blessed!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never say Independence Day. Hooray for nice weather. We are really hot right now in CA. I love the internet, you can find anything you want on it! Glad you got a great haircut too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never say Independence Day. Hooray for nice weather. We are really hot right now in CA. I love the internet, you can find anything you want on it! Glad you got a great haircut too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you have a minute I'd love a link to the tilapia recipe...I cook a lot of fish.

    Happy Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the internet as well. The people that I have met throug blogging are just wonderful - like you. I'm afraid to get my hair cut because the last one was so bad!!! Glad you got a good one.

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)