Monday, February 20, 2012

The Weekend Wrap-up

 

 

This weekend was declared Hockey Weekend Across America, and the Blues had afternoon games both Saturday and Sunday … perfect entertainment for my afternoons spent in the sewing room.

 

The weekend started with T#1’s 10th birthday party Friday evening.  Any day that includes some time with DD and the Ts is a great day.  The only downside was that the birthday boy wasn’t feeling well by the end of the party. 

 

I spent Saturday and Sunday afternoons in the sewing room.  I managed to get all the rows of blocks sewn together and I got some work done on the borders.  Unfortunately, I had to rip out about a third of the stitching I did on the borders (I’ve done more ripping with this quilt than I’ve done with all my other quilts combined Confused smile).  I think I’ve got it figured out (I hope) and should be able to get the borders completed and sewn on today … so I can can get the top basted to the batting and backing tomorrow … and can start hand quilting, which is my favorite part of quilting.  Saturday and Sunday evenings, DH and I watched a couple of movies.

 

Another fairly uneventful weekend …  I’ve noticed that since we retired, our weekends have become quieter and less exciting.  I suspect that’s because even though we find ourselves looking forward to the weekends, they’re really not much different than the rest of the week … a far cry from when we were working, when weekends were our only chance to accomplish all our chores - or all our fun. 

9 comments:

  1. It will be nice when Ed gets to retire, so he won't have to rush around all weekend to get his outside "chores" done--while I relax alone.

    Can't wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO looking to retiring some day and then my M-F can be the same as my Sat-Sun. Your weekend sounds really nice except for the ripping out sewing part. Sorry but the quilt will be so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning....I have found the things that I spend the most time ripping out seems in, are some of my favorites, haha. Sorry though I know how annoying that is. Happy birthday to your grandson. A couple of mine are sick too....lots going around suddenly I think. I can't wait for the days of retirement. Our week-ends are just jammed packed. Have a wonderful day! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you have had to rip out so much on your quilt. I'm crocheting a baby Afghan and was 10 or 12 rows into it and was having problems with it and completely started over. No fun. :)

    I'm looking forward to those days of retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having to rip seams out can be frustrating but I'm sure it will be beautiful when you finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My parents say the same thing... that not having to rush on the weekends, they feel like their live are boring. I reminded them that sounds "relaxing" - sounds wonderful to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. See....that is why I could NOT make a quilt. If I had to rip out a bunch of my work...I'd end up tossing it in the trash. Honest.

    A belated Happy birthday to T#1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 10th Birthday to your Grandson. Hope he is feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see a picture of your quilt. I think your days sound wonderful. :)
    I hope this week is really nice for you.

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)