Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Little of This, A Little of That

 

It doesn’t feel right not having Wednesday Hodgepodge today … not that I don’t understand the reason why Joyce has chosen to take a bit of a break from blogging (including Wednesday Hodgepodge).  But it’s become a habit to answer the 8 questions and to see how everyone else answered them, and I have to admit that I’m missing that this week.

 

Yesterday was a nice, lazy day here at Chez Nana.  I spent a good part of the day in the sewing room.  I got a few more blocks finished.  I did find my notes on the log cabin quilt … I hope to be able to get 90 blocks and will set it in the fields and furrows setting. 

 

I usually set my log cabin quilts in the barn-raising setting, but I feel like doing something a little different with this one.

 

I also finished the book I’ve been reading for the last week. 

I’m always on the lookout for free books for my Kindle, and I was able to get this one from Pixel of Ink.  It’s a Christian love story (so no steamy scenes) … it was a little predictable, but it was a fairly good read.  Besides, it was set, for the most part, on Sanibel Island (where we visited a couple of years ago) … it was almost as good as being there again.  Winking smile 

 

My sisters are coming in from out of town this weekend for a bit of a family get-together.  My youngest sister is the one coordinating it, so I’m not sure what we’ll be doing.  She likes to go-go-go, so I do know that we’ll be busy the entire weekend.  Disappointed smile

 

There’s nothing on my agenda for today.  I need to get to the nursery and pick up some flowers … I like to put some flowers in pots and place them around the house.  Maybe today will be the day.

18 comments:

  1. Don't you just love the free books you can get? They are just as good as the ones you have to pay for. Do you check out books from your library? That how I get the more popular ones even if I have to be on a waiting list forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning....looking forward to seeing that quilt! The book sounds good...sometimes I love just a simple little love story the best. Have to go to my mom's today, but tomorrow with make my cloak for the grand daughter. Enjoy your day...the nursery sounds good. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks good, I do like Log Cabin quilts. I always enjoy doing them.
    90 blocks that is a bunch.
    Have a great time with your family. I keep getting books but the last one I got at the library was written in 1800 the author died in 1909
    I really haven't had much time to read which is really odd for me. I have been on the sewing and gardening bug. :)
    Well have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love free books as well. Since I'm a lot closer to 60 than 50 is there a book on that? The quil looks great and I didn't know there was more than one way to put it together. Have fun with your sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got that book free too and really enjoyed it. Have you heard of "Inspired Reads"? It's similar to Pixel of Ink, but it is all christian books. It's another good place to find free e-books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have found that most Christian love stories are predictable which is fine. And I do not miss those steamy scenes either. LOL Have a blast with your family gathering!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i got lucky - my daughter gave me outside flowers for mother's day and planted them in the pots for me! now, if one of us could just remember to water them...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there, What fun to have your sisters there for the weekend. I bet you'll have a blast but you'll be exhausted too. Love your quilt, can't wait to see it finished.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your Mother's Day was a happy one and you enjoy your family gathering. It doesn't feel like Wednesday without the HP, does it? Next week : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have fun with your sisters. Sounds like a nice day. I just didn't have it in me to write a post. Lots of thoughts but nothing really forming to post. I like the pattern you picked.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't know that there were free ebooks for Kindle. Thanks for sharing this in your entry :D

    The quilt is pretty! I remember my grandma doing this when she was much younger and making bedsheets for us... Do enjoy the time with your sisters! God bless. Farida :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your time with your sisters! I have to look into getting a Kindle; I hear they are great; there is just something about holding a book though :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have to check out West Family Adventures. Kathy had a cute idea for flower pots!
    http://fraukmwest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Nana,
    Nice to be at this wonderful place
    I am joining in
    keep inform
    will come back again to read more
    Best Regards
    Philip

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a 'no no' for Bud....that is for me to go into a plant nursery...'cause he knows I just can't leave without something in my arms, and work for him....digging holes. LOL

    A busy weekend with sisters is always fun, even if it's just sittin' 'round the table gabbing and catchin' up.

    Quilting...I saw a blog template made with quilt for the background setting and thought of you. That goes to show you what an impact you've done in the blog world....quilts equals Kathy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you have a fun weekend of visiting with your sisters! At least you can rest on Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have fun with your sisters! I have two and I love spending time with them. Luckily they live within a two hour drive but in opposite directions so I always have a place to go out of town!

    Your quilt squares are so pretty. I'm not so crafty, o.k. not at all but I enjoy seeing people who are!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the way you kind of write what is happening and going on. I hope you have fun this weekend with your sisters!
    Love, sandie

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)