Saturday, October 13, 2012

Weekend Daybook

 

FOR TODAY Saturday October 13


Outside my window...
It’s very cloudy and even sprinkled a little earlier this morning.  We’ve got rain in the forecast for tomorrow, and I am looking forward to it.

 

I am thinking...
About my mom.  Today would have been her 88th birthday.  The Cardinals advancing in the postseason has become rather bittersweet for me.  I remember 6 years ago, all 3 of us girls spent a long weekend with my mom and dad, watching the Cardinals advance to the World Series.  It was her last fall, the last time we were all together.  Those memories will always come to mind whenever the Cardinals make the postseason.

 

I am thankful...
For rain, for memories, for DD and family returning home safely, for my DH .

 

In the kitchen...
I’ve got some tidying up to do.

 

I am wearing...
Sweatshirt, sweatpants, and a zip-up sweatshirt.  Yes, I’m always cold.

 

I am creating...
A half-square triangle wall quilt – yes, I’m still working on it.  I’m almost halfway done with the final border … maybe I’ll get that finished up this weekend.

 

I am going...
To have to run up to the Verizon store … I cannot get my voicemail set up on my new iPhone … I keep getting a message that voicemail is unavailable, try again later.

 

I am wondering...
If I dreamt the dramatic come-from-behind victory that my Cardinals pulled off last night.

 

I am hoping...
That the rain in the forecast materializes.  We planted grass seed 2-3 weeks ago, and the little baby grass seedlings could stand some rain.

 

I am looking forward to...
Watching more Cardinals baseball this fall.

 

Around the house...
Things are back to normal again now that Holly has gone back home.  We enjoyed having her here, but having a puppy has reminded me that if we get another dog, it will definitely not be a puppy!  Hopefully she’ll be a little further along in her housebreaking by the time she spends another week with us at the end of this month. 

 

Plans for the weekend...
Quilting, making some soup (anyone got any recipes they’d like to share?), watching the Cardinals face the Giants. 

14 comments:

  1. Hi, Congrat's to the Cardinals for their win; we will probably try to catch some of the Giants playing them-we used to be Giants fans. I bet fall is a bittersweet season for you because of losing your mom. Glad you have such good memories. As for soup, taco soup is always good(don't know where that recipe is, so can't help there)but our all time favorite is chicken, made from Rotisserie chickens at the market. The chicken is so flavorful, much better than boiling my own.
    Have a wonderful weekend.Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great rainy day to stay inside. My mom's passing was during Lakers' playoffs. It helps me to embrace the warm and happy memories. They are the ones with me now.

    Have a great weekend. Go CARDS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a beautiful fall day here! I use to always do the daybook. I miss doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get the rain! Sounds like you have much to be thankful for!

    No, no puppies! Superhro's uncle got a small dog from the pound and she's as good as gold and was housebroken! I say you can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, your cards surprised us all...good for them! Funny, I'm making soup today, too...an Italian soup recipe that I just sort of made up (which is a rare thing!) and am still amazed that it is so good. Of course, when everything you put in it is good, it's kind of hard to mess it up! ha! ha! If you really would like the recipe, let me know and I will be happy to share it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you have sweet memories of your mom to dwell on today. Hope you and your grass seedlings get your rain! I think I have told you this before, but I think your DD and all your T's are very blessed to have you! I just came across this recipe for Taco Soup that I am going to try, maybe even tonight! I was thinking you could top it with grated cheese and a few crunched tostado chips...here is the link.... http://goosehillfarm.blogspot.com/2012/10/taco-soup-recipe.html

    Enjoy the rest of your week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOORAY!!! for the Cardinals win last night. I am hoping they go all of the way.

    It is rainy here today and rather dreary.

    I think of my dad when the Cardinals play. He was such a Cardinal fan and would sit out in the yard listening to the game on his transistor radio.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am surrounded by memories of my mom every time I see pink socks to support Breast cancer, pink ribbons, etc.. But mostly I will always have her at Christmas! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ((HUGS)) It's so hard when our loved ones go to Heaven.

    I'd be sweating with all of that on, I'm almost always warm.

    Enjoy your game and your soup!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw a couple of pretty quilts today. We went to an Amish restaurant and they had some really pretty ones. I told hubby when I retire that is one thing I want to do. You inspire me to give it a try.

    Glad your Cardinals are moving on because our Reds just ended their season. So maybe I'll root for the Cardinals for you. haha But only this season...next summer I'll be back with my Reds. lol

    I hope you get the rain you need for your grass and I pray God will give you peace as you think of your mother.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was neat your family had something they enjoyed doing together like watching the Cardinals and keeping up on how they were doing. I think on days like this that were special to our loved ones like their birthdays, they are continually in our hearts and our thoughts.

    I'm with you; I'm always cold; I put an extra blanket on my side of the bed the other night and hubby just looked at me like I was crazy, but I was cold!

    I hope tomorrow is a good one!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking of you as you remember your mom...I know it isn't easy. My mom has been gone now for 12 years, my dad for 6 and my brother for 10. Hope your memories will provide you great comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sorry for the passing of your mother a while back - we never do forget our moms do we? Yeah Cardinals.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I'm always cold too!

    We just never get over the loss of our Moms do we?

    I think you are as fond of the Cardinals are you are NCIS. :o)

    Happy new week!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)