Sunday, October 5, 2014

Slow Stitching Weekend Wrap Up

It was, for the most part, a relaxing weekend. I was able to get a little stitching done during the Cardinals victory Friday evening and most of Saturday (I'm not going to mention their late-night defeat in Game 2). Here's a picture of my progress before I started quilting Saturday morning.

I got a late start to quilting on Sunday because we had to attend a certain someone's birthday party (she turns 5 on the 15th, but this was the only weekend that worked for their family). Here's the birthday girl in her new Doc McStuffins outfit (with her big sister behind her).

By the time I got home Sunday afternoon, I wasn't sure if I'd even feel up to quilting as I just wasn't feeling 100%. But I picked up my hoop and started to put in a few stitches and before I knew it, I'd stitched for 3 hours (while we watched the Orioles eliminate the Tigers) ... which proves my contention that hand quilting is therapeutic! ;-) This is a shot of what was in my hoop and of my progress after a couple of hours of quilting Sunday afternoon ... it looks like I practically doubled the amount of quilting Saturday evening/Sunday afternoon, although it's hard to tell from that distance, isn't it?


I got in another couple of hours of quilting while we watched a little more baseball ... it looks like I'll be able to get back to DH's quilt sooner than I'd expected as the quilting seems to be going pretty quickly!

I hope that whatever you have planned for today includes a little something that brings you joy! Have a great day!
Kathy

8 comments:

  1. you have gotten a bit done on that quilt already! progress

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doc McStuffins is certainly cute! You are doing a great job on your quilting. I'm glad you got your second wind and could get so much done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning! Yes, looks like your moving pretty quickly on that one! Always a good feeling. And your Doc McStuffins is pretty cute! My 5 year old grand daughter is a big fan too, lol. Happy birthday to her! (a little early!) Have a good day Kathy. I've got LOTS on my "to do" list too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like it was a busy, but fun weekend. What a cute little doctor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty, pretty and always enjoy hearing about your quilting progress. So wonderful to have such an enjoyable hobby. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice! This is going to be one favorite quilt! And, yes, I do believe stitching is therapeutic! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a nice day today. That birthday party looks like it was nice. Your quilt is coming along. You are such a fast quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilting is looking really great! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)