My good friend Katy at https://katyquilts.net/ has nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. Normally, I’m not a fan of blog awards, but I have to admit that I like memes that allow us to share a few previously unknown facts so we can get to know each other a little better. So, I’m going to make an exception and join in.
Like Katy did, I have pasted the award photo and the rules directly. Here they are:
*Thank the person who nominated you, and give a link to his/her blog.
*List the rules.
*Display the image of the award on your post.
*List seven facts about yourself.
*Nominate (up to) 15 bloggers for this award, and notify them to let them know you have nominated them.
Seven Facts About Me:
1. I started piecing my very first quilt on January 30, 1982. How do I happen to know the exact date? It just so happens that we had a blizzard in 1982 that began January 30, 1982. We got 24” of snow. I remember starting the quilt after dinner when the forecast was for light flurries. The Blues were playing in Los Angeles that evening, so I was sewing while listening to the radio broadcast on KMOX, the CBS affiliate in St. Louis. They kept interrupting the broadcast to announce that the forecast was changing … after several changes, it became apparent that we were in for a significant snowfall and that there would be no way that I was going to try to get out to go to church the next morning. So I kept sewing … and stopped periodically to take a look at the snow falling.
2. When I was a child, I wanted to be a groundskeeper at Busch Stadium when I grew up. I thought it would be a good way to be able to watch the ball games and get paid. Ha!
3. I like food that most people don’t: braunschweiger, liver and onions, oysters on the half shell to name a few. The list of foods I don’t like is a pretty short one: beets, parsnips, radishes, swordfish, tuna.
4. I flunked chorus tryouts in junior high … you know, the ones where they feel obligated to pass you as long as you can carry a tune. I thought, for some obscure reason, that I’d have a better chance if I sang soprano. I’ll be honest and say that I couldn’t read music at all back then, so I couldn’t carry a tune and most likely wouldn’t have passed anyway. But I couldn’t have failed more convincingly if I had tried.
5. I am an anti-pack rat. I save very little and have no regrets. DH and I have moved about every 8-10 years of our marriage, and my philosophy on moving is “let’s move as little as possible”. So when it comes time to pack, I’m ruthless in giving away/throwing away anything that doesn’t have sentimental or legal value or that I haven’t used/worn since our last move. DH is, on the other hand, a quintessential pack rat and doesn’t allow me to pack anything for him. ha!
6. After listening to my dad replay his round of golf, shot by shot, to my mom as I was growing up, I swore I wouldn’t marry a man who played golf. You guessed it … DH enjoys golf. At least he doesn’t regale me with play-by-play of his rounds.
7. I’ve worn glasses since I was 8 years old. Prior to having to wear glasses, I used to dream about wearing glasses, even poking out the lenses of sunglasses so it looked like I was wearing glasses. Needless to say, I now dream of not having to wear glasses or contact lenses.
I’m going to be a rebel and pass on nominating any other bloggers … if anyone wishes to play along, join in!
I hope that whatever you have planned for today includes a little something that brings you joy ... have a great day!
You have One Lovely Blog so the award is fitting! It's always fun to find out little interesting things about my friends! Hope this week is a great one. ~JeanneReplyDelete
I agree with Katy - you do have one lovely blog. Love finding out those little tidbits about people I read often.ReplyDelete
Nice to learn more about youReplyDelete
I love you always had a love for baseball ... enough to even want to clean to watch games :)ReplyDelete
that's so funny you know exactly the date you started quilting.
I wish I was an anti-pack rate. I save everything... & then get on spells where I throw everything out. Wish I never kept the stuff to begin with. A vicious cycle.
I chuckled at #5. Describes my parents to a "T", and hubby and myself to a lesser degree.ReplyDelete
Fun to learn more about you, Kathy. : )
Congrats on your blog award.. your blog and you are LOVELY for sure!!! Well deserved :) KathiReplyDelete
How nice you got a blog award. You are a lovely blogger.ReplyDelete
Interesting facts Kathy and always fun to get to know someone even better. Happy week!ReplyDelete
Congratulations on your award. I love reading the interesting facts. I too have worn glasses since I was about nine. And I too wish I didn't have to :-(ReplyDelete
This was fun to read. I enjoyed gettin to know you better.ReplyDelete
Fun to learn more about you...I did chuckle especially about your glasses memory of NOT having glasses. :) I use to put tin foil on my teeth to pretend I had braces...yep...I ended up in braces.ReplyDelete
Thanks for playing along! I loved learning a little more about you!ReplyDelete
Congratulations on your award, Kathy. How fun to learn more about you. Regarding #5: What do you do with your fabric scraps? Do those go out, too?ReplyDelete
Happy weekend to you!
--Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)
Congrats on the award Kathy - you deserve it :*). I usually pass on awards too, but I have to say it is always fun to learn more about each other. Thanks for sharing!ReplyDelete
Congrats on being nominated for this award :) I enjoyed getting to know you a little better through this post.ReplyDelete
I had a similar experience in my music class back in high school. I still can't read music nor can I carry a tune in a bucket :)
braunschweiger!! My grandparents ALWAYS had some and I ate it as a kid...had just about forgotten it! :)ReplyDelete
Hi Kathy, I am hoping to post pics from Sisters on Friday-we are still settling in and I've got a full plate tomorrow. I loved reading these things about you. I was so concerned you were going to nominate bloggers to participate and I don't do this either, but I loved that you do.ReplyDelete
Hope you are having a great week.
You gave a lot of thought to your answers and it was a most delightful post!ReplyDelete
شركة تنظيف منازل بالخبر
شركة تنظيف منازل بالخبر شركة المثالية هي افضل شركة تنظيف بالخبر يمكنكم التواصل معها للحصول علي افضل خدمات تنظيف المنازل والشقق والفلل والبيوت والمجالس والكنب والسجاد والموكيت والمفروشات بجودة عالية ومواصفات قياسية حيث تعد شركة تنظيف منازل بالخبر اولي الشركات التي التي تخصصت في مجالل التنظيف بالخبر ولديها خبرة كبيرة وعمالة ماهرة وادوات تنظيف حديثة وطاقم عمالة مدرب علي اعلي مستوى فلا تترددوا في الاتصال بشركة المثالية للتنظيف بالخبر وسوف تحصلون علي افضل الخدمات المنزلية من نظافة ومكافحة حشرات بارخص الاسعار
Apna Showroom Baby's Cotton Panties/Bloomers/Underwear (Multicolour, 1-2 Years)-12 PiecesReplyDelete
Apna Showroom Plastic Hair Lice Combs for Women and Girls (Multicolour) with desent look
Apna Showroom Women's and Kid's Plastic Louse or Lice Combs - (Multicolour) Designer - fancy - attractive
Apna Showroom Baby Girl's Woolen Frock Sweater (Multicolour, 6-12 Months) with desent Look
Apna Showroom Fishnet Stockings for Women Sexy Black Net Pattern Pantyhose Stockings Free Size with desent Look
Apna Showroom Baby's Cotton Fancy Colorful Panties or Bloomers (0-3 Months, Multicolour)-12 Pieces Fancy and Designers
Apna Showroom Wool Baby Boy's and Girl's Sweaters/Inner (Pack of 3)