Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Getting caught up

 

Has it really been over a week since I last posted?  Yikes!  It’s been busy here since we returned from Hilton Head. 

 

It took me all day Monday to get unpacked … and until the middle of the week to get all the laundry done and put away.  Who knew that unpacking and getting everything back to normal takes almost twice as long after a 9-day stay as it does from a 5-day stay.  I know … seeing it here in black and white, it seems so obvious … 9 days is almost twice as long as 5 days, but I don’t think we took twice as much stuff. 

 

I got in some T-time on Tuesday.  DD had to go to the doctor … diagnosis: bronchitis.  Thankfully she “caught” it early enough that it didn’t develop into pneumonia.

 

I returned to work on Wednesday … after having been out for almost 2 full weeks.  And wouldn’t you know … in those 13 days, I’d forgotten my password to log in at work.  Thankfully a co-worker was able to re-set it for me. 

 

Our first small group meeting was Thursday evening.  It will be interesting to see how this turns out.  Once we finished with our lesson and prayer time, everyone was ready to leave.  I realize that the primary focus of a small group/home Bible study is the Bible study, but an added benefit is the fellowship … and I was looking forward to that every bit as much as I was the study.

 

DD & DSIL celebrated 15 years of marriage Friday evening (their anniversary was actually Tuesday), which meant that we had T#1 and T#4 here for a sleepover (the other two spent the night with DSIL’s parents).

 

We wrapped up the weekend watching the Cardinals split the first two games of the playoffs.  Since DH & I fell in love with the 1987 playoffs as a backdrop, it’s always a special time for us when the Cardinals make the playoffs. 

9 comments:

  1. I like your new background, so fallish!! Very nice!! Glad DD "only" had bronchitis and she made it to the doctor for some meds to help feel better. I wonder with your small group; two thoughts. Do a potluck every so often so people can socialize before the study? Or provide a dessert afterwards so people like to stick around to talk? I know with our small group when we finish a study before we start the next one, there is a potluck to discuss what to study next. Also, people will bring dessert to share afterwards (simple things, cookies, brownies). Problem with our small group, it meets same time high school group does and some members have kids in the high school group that they need to get when that is over so sometimes fellowship time is short. But it is good that you met, and it is a new group with people getting to know each other; the good thing is they are there, right??

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning! I just got back from being gone 9 days and I know just what you mean....soo much laundry etc. I spent ALL DAY yesterday trying to get everything back to regular. (whatever that is, haha) Happy anniversary to your kids! I agree with your friend above me. Sweets traded off being brought make people linger a little longer sometimes. Have a wonderful day! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you are settled and back to normal. I hate unpacking and doing laundry after a trip.

    I know what you mean about forgetting your password! You know you've had a great vacation when you put work out of your mind that completely! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always think I relax more if I stay home than if we go away! And it does take forever to get that laundry caught up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always seem to get a place on vacation that has a washer and dryer so I do laundry while on vacation. I know some wouldn't like that but I kinda do. Glad your home and back to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad life is resuming normalcy-although you do sound so busy. Hope you are able to get enough rest, sometimes you feel like you need to rest up after vacations.
    Hugs today.
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny about forgetting your password at work! Please don't hate me because I laughed. Sounds like you need a vacation from your vacation! I like your fall background

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember going to the bank once right before work and I couldn't get the alarm to work, I was using my bank password!!! Sounds like you had some quality time with your grandchildren. I never like unpacking after a trip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We used to have "home group" Bible studies at our house and I loved it. We did as Betty suggested and always had drinks and snacks, sometimes during, sometimes just after. My husband was a great popcorn popper. There's bound to be others that like to socialize as well.
    Good discussion questions with plenty of time to answer is also. Also someone to handle the prayer requests - everybody has something or someone to pray about and likes to be asked about how things are going.
    It doesn't sound like you are in charge...but just in case you get a chance to drop a suggestion.
    Many good small group memories here. Right now my only small group is our Ladies Sunday School class for me.

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)