Monday, October 31, 2011

The Weekend Wrap-Up

 

 

It was another busy weekend (including the couple of days leading up to the weekend).

 

Thursday morning, I was almost done getting ready for work when I got a text from DD asking if I could call off work to watch the Ts … she was feeling absolutely awful and was running a 104.6 fever.  She was able to get in to see the doctor … the diagnosis was a highly contagious virus … with orders to rest for the next 4 days.  Thankfully I was off Friday, so I watched T#2 and T#4 while DSIL’s mom watched T#1 and T#3.  It was a wonderful day with the two girlies … and T#2 asked if I would show her how to sew.  While T#4 napped, I cut some strips from fabric and showed her how to pin together the strips and sew them on the machine.  I started the first seam, but I had her sew the second seam all on her own.  I’m hoping that one day before too long, she and I can go to the fabric store, pick out a few fabrics, and work together on her first quilt.  DD was feeling better by the time we took the Ts back home.

 

As soon as we left DD’s Friday evening, we headed out to my dad’s.  My sister and her S.O. came down to watch the 7th game of the World Series with my dad … and we went out to join in the fun.  And fun it was because our Cardinals won their 11th World Series.  We went back out Saturday morning for more time together … my sister lives almost 4 hours away, so we don’t see each other too often.

 

Sunday was a quieter day.  Once again, I served in the toddler nursery at church because they were short-handed again.  I didn’t mind since that meant I got a little T-time with T#4.  After church we had to say goodbye to some old friends who were moving away to be near their aging parents.  We spent the afternoon at DD’s … they invited us over for lunch.  We finished the weekend with a fairly quiet evening, watching the Cardinals’ celebration parade and the first couple of periods of the Blues hockey game. 

 

I’m off tomorrow, and other than making a meal for a young family who just had a baby, I don’t have anything on my agenda … which is a good thing because this coming week is going to be another busy one.

7 comments:

  1. I thought about you when I heard that the Cardinals won! How exciting for you!

    I'm happy to hear that one of your T's is interested in learning to sew! It's a great talent to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping your daughter is feeling better by now!! I know you did enjoy your time with the T's to help out! I think it is sweet to take a meal to the family with the new baby, we just did that the other day, I know it is sure appreciated by all!!

    Have a good day!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on that exciting win! It turned out to be a really good World Series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that DD is feeling better. Congratulations on the Cardinals winning. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always stuck by how blessed your daughter is to have you...soo glad you were able to help out. My daughter's new baby was a little sick over the week-end and my poor daughter was up ALL NIGHT LONG and the next day was not looking any better. Her hubby works 7 days a week on the dairy and had two men out sick and had no choice but to work. Soo there was NO ONE to help her out even for a couple of hours. I would have loved to have driven over and held that baby for a while so my daughter could get some rest. She made it through though I guess and all is well now.

    Glad your daughter is feeling better, and YAY on your team winning.

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Birdie used to sit on my mother's lap when she sewed and now, Birdie sews all by herself! She remembers all those times with Mimi quite fondly! DoodleBug keeps the nursery in a church downtown every Sunday. She's the only one who shows up every single week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a scary flu. How wonderful you are close enough to help her out and to get those hugs from your babies. ( No matter how old they are they are still our babies, right?)

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)