Monday, February 4, 2013

The Weekend Wrap-up

 

 

Wow, that was fast … seemed like yesterday was Friday … yet here it is Monday morning and time for another weekend wrap-up.

 

In Friday’s mail, we received a Notice of Toll Violation for 3 violations at Plaza 29 - Touhy Ave. (Chicago?) on 10/20/11, 12/19/12 and 1/8/13 by a truck with license plates that we haven't renewed for almost 4 years now. My immediate reaction was just to send a check for the amount of the violation … I suspected that fighting that could end up costing as much (in phone calls, postage, time and aggravation) as the fine itself.  Then I reminded myself that whoever’s running the toll booth is still doing it … there’s no guarantee that he/she won’t keep doing it.  <sigh>

 

I still wasn’t anywhere close to 100% yet on Saturday, so I took it easy.  I managed to finish the quilting on my Disappearing Four Patch wall quilt.  That quiet day must have done the trick because I did feel a bit better when I woke up Sunday morning … hopefully I’ve turned the corner and am finally on the mend.

 

A good thing, too, because Sunday was a busy day.  And it got off to a wonderful start … we got snow overnight!  From the look of things, I’d say we got at least 2 1/2 inches.  

Fabrics 001

Snow 003

 

After church, we went fabric shopping.  The shop in the town about 20 minutes from here was having a Super Bowl sale – 20% off quilting cottons … perfect timing because I’m ready to start the quilt DD “commissioned” me to make for T#2’s bedroom makeover. 

Fabrics 003It’s going to be a fairly simple quilt … 6” blocks of the pink, blue, orange, green and yellow set with sashing from the striped fabric (which contains all 5 colors … to get a larger, better view just click on the picture).  I need to check my quilting stencils to see if I have something for those blocks. 

 

Before I could start working on T#2’s quilt, I had to finish up my wall quilt … I sewed down the binding while watching the Super Bowl – the commercials while DH watched the game.  (Although I have to admit that while I’m not a football fan, the comeback by the Giants made for an exciting game.)  By the time I washed and dried the wall quilt, it was too late to get a good photo … hopefully the sun will be shining tomorrow so I can get a good shot.

 

20 comments:

  1. Good morning! Glad your feeling better! LOVE the colors for the new quilt. How special to have a quilt made by Grandma! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got some snow also Saturday night. It came down quick. I hope you have a nice day and I love the colors of the new quilt you are making.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those toll booths! We have a fairly new one here, that's camera monitored. Shortly after we got home from a 3-month vacation, with our truck, we received a bill for going over the toll bridge with our truck - on a date when we were coincidentally driving a toll highway in NB. For a moment we thought we'd been double-charged somehow for the NB toll (it was a manned booth). But when we investigated, discovered that the photo was fuzzy, and one number was misread by the auto-generated billing system. So that turned out to be an easy fix. Whew! Hope this one turns out easy-to-fix for you too! And hope you're feeling 100% soon! Love the colors for your 'rainbow' quilt, can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're feeling better! & material is always a good reward for feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are feeling better!!! I have quite a few friends who have been dealing with this stuff, and our littlest grandson had the flu for a scary week. I'm so jealous that you got snow!!! We got some snow several nights ago but it was gone by noon :( Love the fabrics you have chosen for your T#2's quilt! Anything with stripes has such a great visual appeal for me :*)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have gotten a few of those in the mail but ours were from red light running. One was a right turn on red so not sure why we got a ticket for that one. Even though we questioned we just went ahead and paid figured it would be too much hassel to fight. ( I think thats what they hope you do) We did watch the game even though our team wasn't in it, was a nail biter till the end...not impressed with many of the commercials though. You new quilt looks like it will be a pretty one. glad you are feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are getting better and that you got the snow! I was wondering where it went, the weather man up here told us were going to get it but it never showed up. Now I know where it went. Thanks and please keep it. The quilt colors are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are getting better and that you got the snow! I was wondering where it went, the weather man up here told us were going to get it but it never showed up. Now I know where it went. Thanks and please keep it. The quilt colors are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so thrilled to know that you're finally feeling better! It's no fun being sick! Love your pretty fabric and I hope you'll share what the finished product looks like...would love to see it! Have a Happy Monday, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you get the tollbooth mix-ups straightened out.

    Love the material for the new quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i once received a parking ticket in chicago on a car that had never travelled there! just a mix up on the plate number. hopefully it will be an easy fix to get your mess straightened out. if you don't get it fixed, though, you are right, they will keep running the tolls. we got about half an inch of snow overnight saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better, and I hope you get the toll mishap straightened out!

    Can't wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd say continue taking it easy for a while. Whatever I've had is still hanging on a bit and I find when I overdo it, I feel puny. Baby steps : )

    That toll thing is annoying. So much conniving behaviour out there these days. I hope you get it resolved without too much aggravation.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kathy, Hope you are still feeling better; I am but still a bit congested. I so admire your perseverance with finishing our quilt-I just haven't had the gumption to work on mine. I sure disliked the half time show-so inappropriate for families.
    Have a great night my friend.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun colors for the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you are feeling better. This bug is really throwing people for a loop around here, too. Question...do you wash all your quilts after quilting them?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the colorful, bright, choices of fabric you've chosen for your new quilt project.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I love, love the colors for the new quilt. And, am so glad that you are finally feeling better. This stuff definitely takes it's toll on folks. Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't understand. If you haven't drove a truck in 4 years how did they have your license plate? We don't have toll roads out here.
    I hope you are feeling better. I need to get caught up on so many blogs. I have missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Time is moving way to fast for me!
    Yes you must take care of and stop that person who is using those plates. Hooray for some snow, it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)