Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013–Year in Review


I can’t believe that it’s been a whole year since I posted the 2012 year in review … seems like it’s been just a couple of months or so.  Surprised smile 

2013 seemed to be the year for traveling … in January we took our first cruise, visiting St. Thomas and St. Maarten.  Once we were back on dry land, we stopped to visit my Dad who was wintering on the Alabama Gulf Coast.  In May, we spent two weeks in Florida with DD and her family … if you’ve been here long, you know how much I love the beach … and to be able to spend time on the beach with my Ts was perfect!  We spent a week and a half in September at my “happy place”, Hilton Head Island, and we had a weekend getaway in November.

There were a few milestones in 2013 … I collected my first Social Security check (guess that makes it official – I’m old ha!) and my Dad turned 90 in March.

I finished a wall hanging and two bed quilts for our granddaughters … fewer quilts than I had hoped, thanks mostly to a 2-month hiatus due to nerve issues in my index finger on my right hand.  I started and am still quilting a Storm at Sea and am working on two English Paper Piecing projects ( a big change for this previously one-quilt-at-a-time gal). 

DH and I tried our hand at a garden, renting a plot at our village’s community garden … with mixed results, our green beans were an epic fail, but we got plenty of tomatoes.  In the fall we put raised beds in the back yard and will try again next summer.  And we replaced and enlarged our deck … I can’t wait for spring, when I can sit out on the deck, basting hexies!  Winking smile

I returned to “work” in 2013 … I watch my Ts 3 mornings/week while DD works at the YMCA.  I LOVE my time with my Ts!

It was an exciting year for our Cardinals … another trip to the World Series, but not quite the outcome we were hoping for.   

All in all, 2013 was a very good year … and I’m looking forward to 2014!

Wishing you and yours a very







13 comments:

  1. It was a good year! Time with family and time quilting made it even better! May 2014 be good for you too! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a good year for us in many ways too! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea it was a good year, and I sure enjoyed sharing it with you via Blogsville! May the new year bring good health, rich blessings from Him, and joy insurmountable! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2013 has been a good year for me too as I am here to tell about it.
    I was sad too as the Cardinals couldn't go all of the way but they did do us proud.
    I hope 2014 is a happy healthy year for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to review a year, helps to see all the blessings that we have. Sounds like a very good year, I enjoyed sharing it with you, Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YIPEE for Social Security checks! :)

    Happy 2014!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where had it gone....it seems like just yesterday that we rang in 2013.
    I got my first S.S. check on the 18th of December this year. I'm old too :) HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Kathy, It does seem like just yesterday we were ushering in 2013, now we are bidding it goodbye. It has been a good year, every year with Christ is a good one. I've thought of you lately as we watching House Hunters and the Outer Banks was on; we too love Hilton Head but haven't been there since 1995 or so. I bet its changed. You love the ocean like I do. May His richest blessings flow over you and yours this New Year.
    Love, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had a lot of fun things happen. I hope you have a good year in 2014 too. Lots of New Quilts in a new year right?
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was fun reading your yearly recap! My the year went by quickly, didn't it? Happy New Year!!!

    I smiled when I read your words "Happy Place". I have a picture of Ed and me in front of the water of St. Simon's Island. The caption reads, "Our Happy Place". LOL

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)