Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Snow Day


We finally got the snow I’d been dreaming of … I suspect we got about 4 inches ... just the right amount, I think ... enough to cover everything in a blanket of white without being so much that everything comes to a screeching halt.  While most of it fell overnight, enough fell during the morning that I was able to quilt in my chair while watching the snow fall.IMG_1251This was the best I could do from the warmth of the house … I couldn’t find a shot that would show exactly how much we got …

And what does any self-respecting quilter do on a snow day?  Why quilt, of course!  I got a few more blocks done on T#3’s quilt. IMG_1250It’s hard to see some of the quilting from this angle, especially on the horizontal logs.  I’ve got 25 blocks done now, which means that I’ve got 38 blocks and the borders left to quilt.  This is going a little more slowly than I’d hoped.

Of course it doesn’t help when life interferes, like it did yesterday afternoon when I forced myself to take a break from my quilting and work on our taxes.  Annoyed  Usually I get them done as soon as we get all the necessary forms, but this year I just couldn’t get motivated to get them done. 

We’re not done with winter yet … WeatherThere may not be any snow days in the forecast, but it’s looking like we’ll be having some stay-inside-and-quilt-days. 

I hope that whatever you have planned for today includes a little something that brings you joy! Have a great day!
Kathy

17 comments:

  1. YAY on getting your snow! And for nice long days of quilting. I've got a nice good start on the baby quilt. Haven't done any quilt piecing in a while and i am enjoying it. Looks like your whole week is going to be nice and wintry, We have cooled off enough to put ours in the "perfect" category...low 70's all week, but sure wish we'd get some rain. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I love to see snow fall, we've had more than enough this winter. We were supposed to get about another inch overnight, but woke up to more than that and still coming down. We've hit exhausted with the cleanup. But! It is beautiful : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. we have some stay inside days coming up too - I hate winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With a forecast like that I can see why you want to stay in and quilt! Brrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy you finally got your snow!!! I love quilting in a warm, snug house on a snowy day. I finally did our taxes last Saturday - for some reason I also procrastinated this year. Glad they are done now! We are headed home today - going to be a COLD day! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is STILL snowing here this morning; we have had too much of this white stuff! I am DONE --unfortunately Mother Nature has her own ideas about what's enough!
    I sewed the binding on my Sleigh Bells Ring quilt and am resting today after wrestling with that. Hugs, stay warm Julierose P.S. Your quilt looks lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so pretty and makes for a perfect quilty day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. From where I sit you are making great progress on the quilt! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. No snow for us, only ice! Thankfully, it's short-lived as it's already starting to melt away. How many more days 'til spring?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Winter isn't leaving peacefully, is it?
    Your quilt is coming along beautifully!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is so peaceful to watch the snow fall. Glad you were able to enjoy it from the confines of a warm room and a quilt with you! We had a bit of rain today but it should have a cool front moving through tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. With temperatures like those shown, you'll need all of those quilts you've been busy making :)
    Your snow looks lovely, just the right amount!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love sewing and quilting on snow days too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kathy, The only thing better than quilting on a snowy day is watching a movie(like Dolphin Tail 2)or taking a nap. Did both of those yesterday. I haven't dragged out my quilting yet-maybe tonight. Today I've had more pain than yesterday but might be trying to avoid the pills too much. Thank you for your prayers, friendship and checking in-you are so encouraging to me.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  15. We got snow too but not enough to cover the grass completely and ice on top of that.The ice interfered with our satellite signal thankfully we have netflix. And somehow the dvr picked up Castle which was the second part of a two part series. Somehow we must be living right! Your quilting is bringing that log cabin alive!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll just enjoy that snow from here. It's cold enough here to suit me, thank you very much! Your quilt is coming right along. I think you do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you got the snow you wanted :) Congrats on getting your taxes done too! That was always hard for me to "schedule" in as well and I have to have them done for me! lol Hope you get some quilting done while it is snowy ! Kathi

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)