Monday, July 6, 2015

She’s Baaaack


I sure wish I could say that I’d been somewhere exciting (say, like Hilton Head? Winking smile), but I’ve been here at home.  It’s just been such a busy week (not that this coming week will be much quieter, but more about that later) that I just haven’t had time to sit down and blog. 

My two sisters came in for a visit last week.  We didn’t do anything wildly exciting … probably the most exciting thing we did was upgrade my Dad’s iPhone to an iPhone 6 Plus.  Wow, that thing is huge … I think it’d feel like I was talking on my iPad.  ha!  Even though we didn’t do anything special, it was nice to just be together and get caught up.  DD and the Ts were able to come over on Thursday, after T#2’s cast was removed. IMG_1751She has a splint that she needs to wear when active, but she’s cleared to dive, ride her bike, and all the other fun stuff that she’s been unable to do for the last 8 weeks.

Everyone left Friday evening, and while I definitely enjoyed their visit, I was very glad to be able to get back to my routine.  After getting the house back into order, I spent Saturday “decompressing” … with my needle and thread.  IMG_3452I’m on the outer hoop and a half around the quilt … there’s an end in sight, although the outer “ring” of blocks seems to take as long to quilt as the inner blocks. 

I got in more stitching yesterday as well before it was time to go up to DD’s to watch the Ts so their Mama and Daddy could have a date night.  After dinner, we headed to the park for some fun. Google Drive2You can see the splint on T#2 and the boys’ summer hair cuts.  We saw a mama deer and her two fawns as we left for the park … we were able to drive up alongside them, to see them up close and personal … we wondered if it was the same family we saw a couple of weeks ago.  And as I was getting them ready for bed, we saw a mama deer in their backyard, having dinner at their neighbor’s bird feeder (3 of those photos were taken through a screen, so they’re not as clear as the 4th).Recently Updated4

I mentioned earlier that this coming week is going to be busy.  DSIL is going out of town for a week, so I’ll have some extended T-time, especially considering that there will be 5 swim meets between now and next Monday (rainouts have been rescheduled).  Since two of those meets have been scheduled for this coming Wednesday and next Monday, I’ll be responsible for getting them to the meets (both out of town meets), as DD has a night class that meets on Mondays and Wednesdays.  Hopefully, in spite of the busy-ness, I won’t wait another 8 days before checking in here.  Winking smile

On the garden front, our cucumbers continue to produce a lot of cucumbers … note to self: next summer plant just one plant.  Winking smile  Our tomatoes are not doing well … they have some kind of fungus, so we’ve applied an organic anti-fungal spray … hopefully we can salvage our tomatoes.  Our green beans are thriving and have teeny tiny green beans growing. 

I hope that whatever you have planned for today includes a little something that brings you joy ... have a great day!
Kathy

17 comments:

  1. the phones are getting bigger and bigger and they do not make women's jeans with big enough pockets to hold your phone - I hate that - I wouldn't upgrade because of how much bigger the phones are!
    glad the cast is often and your granddaughter has more mobility. our garden continues to produce a little, but I can eat just so many zucchini and squash - the beans are almost done already and didn't do well, cucumbers producing enough for slicing and salad - but not for pickles -- oh well - too much rain at the beginning I think spoiled it over all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life sure does get busy doesn't it? And often I can't even put my finger on what I've accomplished! Glad you're back :*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it's no wonder you don't have any blogging time! Our week has been both busy and not - whenever we don't have to do anything, we don't, it's just too hot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your life is always so full with family events. It is amazing how quickly the hours, days can slip past. I hope you get some creative time this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a nice visit with your sisters. Happy to see T#2's cast off and the splint is a cute one. Boys haircuts are nice too! Always fun to see a deer. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to see that you updated. You have had a very nice but very busy summer haven't you? I am glad you did get some sewing in this week.
    It looks so pretty and green where you live.
    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it was good to catch up a bit....yes, the phones are HUGE, lol. Got to think about that. Sounds like you've been a good busy. The fabric I am talking about is literally called Comfy....but I think it is made out of polyester or something. Joannes just recently began carrying it in these darling sweet prints. They are kind of fluffy and are oh sooo soft. I love them, but they are kind of a pain. They are not unworkable, I just like to go quickly and there is no way to go quickly with this. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a super busy lady, Kathy.
    The stitches on your quilt are beautiful--so even and consistent!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure your neighbors will take advantage of your extra cucumbers :)
    Yipee for cast freedom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What would families do without Nana's to keep everyone moving and having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't been on line much lately either. It was good to catch up with you and yours today, though. It's good to know that you can still fit in some time with "needle and thread" among all of the busy-ness :)
    Oh, and you are right, one cucumber plant is about all you need :)
    Kathy (from Reflections by Kathy)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Been wondering where you were - decided to wait a little longer since I thought you might be busy. And you have been VERY busy! Glad you had a nice visit with your sisters and that the Ts are doing well. Enjoy the coming week - your are a great Nana! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a pretty busy time doing things you love - always a good thing. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kathy, Girl you always amaze me-you are so busy, but still find time to not only quilt but also to blog. I'm busy and some days it's a struggle to sit at the computer and find something to say. Well, I got the binding on today and just have to tack it down, then I will post a photo. I'm ready for a little break I think-not long though because I'm going to start looking for fabrics. Have to be careful with the cost, due to the added expense of the new a/c.
    Have a great week!
    Hugs,
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are one busy lady, but it all sounds good. Enjoy your time with you Ts. It is really neat to see such a close knit family!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So good to catch up with you and your busy life. It is good to get out of our routine but oh, so good, to get back in it. We're definitely out of ours this week but enjoying our little man and his Momma will join us on Wed. Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Busy busy! I hope you have some hand work prepared for all those swim meets! And I'd be happy to come take some of those cucumbers off your hands.

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)