1. T time Mama had to take T#3 to the Urgent Care Center Monday evening, so I got called to take T#1 (and T#2) to his Cub Scouts meeting. Tuesday, I got to watch T#3 and T#4 while Mama worked a Scholastic Book Fair. Yesterday, I got to watch all 4 Ts while Mama worked her last "shift" at the Book Fair. I always LOVE my time with the Ts!
2. Hearing snow in the forecast Ok, the snow itself isn't coming until Saturday night/Sunday ... but after some serious pining for some snow over the last several days, it was awesome to hear that we have snow (and accumulating snow at that!) in the forecast. I can't wait!
3. Less is more at Christmas Ever since we staged our old house to sell a couple of years ago, I've found that I prefer a less is more approach to decorating ... including Christmas. I've enjoyed being able to get the house ready for Christmas in just a few hours instead of a few days, and it's helped get the Christmas season started without a lot of added stress. This year, I've decided to take a bit of a less is more approach to gift giving, too ... instead of spending my entire budget on a plethora of gifts for the Ts, I'm buying one gift that I think they'll really like (thanks to recommendations from DD) and giving the rest of the money (in the name of the Ts) to a Christian charity to help those who are less fortunate. I can't take full credit for the giving to help others ... T#1, when asked what he'd like for Christmas, named just one gift and asked that the rest of the money go to those in need.
4. My new Ott Lite It really provides much better lighting for when I'm quilting ... and I'll really appreciate it this summer when it's warm and I'm bundled under a quilt. ;-) Plus it's a nicer looking lamp than what I had before (which will be used as supplemental lighting at my sewing table). I had been wanting an Ott Lite for some time, but every time I'd look at them, the prices were just too high. I finally found one online at a very good price.
5. My sweet hubby I got back from taking T#1 & T#2 back home Monday evening with a tank just about out of gas. Knowing that I'd have to get up and get going early the next morning to go pick up T#3 & T#4, DH filled up my tank that evening so I'd be ready to hit the road that next morning. And he's agreed to go do the last of the Christmas shopping with me this afternoon ... he even suggested lunch at the Bread Co. (he's got a coupon). I am so thankful for him!