We’re over halfway through the last week of February … blink a couple of times and we’ll be in March. So let’s wrap up February with another Hodgepodge!
1. When were you last facing an ocean? Using just ONE word, describe how you felt as you faced that ocean.
Last month … we faced the Atlantic and the Caribbean. There are so many words that describe how I feel when I’m at the ocean/beach, but if I have to choose one, I’ll choose renewal. My spirit is renewed whenever I’m at the beach.
2. What are three sounds you hate to hear?
A door slammed in anger, a baby/child crying, the squeal of slamming brakes.
3. This question comes to you courtesy of some real life friends. Hi real life friends! When you shop for yourself, do you try everything on in the store before buying or do you buy, try on at home, and then return what you don't like or what doesn't fit?
I’m not a fan of “brick and mortar” shopping, so in order to minimize the shopping experience, I buy, try on at home and then return what needs to be returned.
4. February 26th is National Pistachio Day...are you a fan of the little green nut? Do you use them in cooking and baking or prefer to eat them right out of the shell?
Nope, not a fan of the pistachio.
5. When did you last have to compromise with someone? Were you happy to reach the compromise or slightly irritated it was necessary?
When you’re married, life is full of little compromises … but when love is the driving force, all those compromises become expressions of the “two becoming one”.
6. Have you ever written a letter to an elected official? Did you get a response?
No, I’ve never written a letter to an elected official.
7. We 'March' into a new month at the end of this week...what's something on your March calendar guaranteed to make you smile?
In any given year, a highlight of March would be our trip to Florida for Spring Training. But this year we’re foregoing Spring Training … our spring travel budget has been maxed out, funding our cruise in January and our trip to Disney/beach in May with DD and her family. But I’ve got several other things on our March calendar that will make me smile, one of which is having T#3 and T#4 here this weekend. We’ll have a full 2 days of the littles, and I can’t wait.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I woke up to a dusting of snow and a few falling flakes this morning. It’s supposed to continue all day with no significant accumulation.