Monday, February 11, 2013

Weekend Wrap-up

 

 

And oh what a weekend it was … one that I was sorry to see end. 

 

We got to spend Friday and Saturday with our sweet T#4 … while Mama and Daddy took the bigs to T#1 and T#2 to a swim meet in Hannibal, MO.  Friday evening, we watched Beauty and the Beast, played and colored in our Cinderella coloring book (I’ll let you guess who colored what Winking smile).photo(5)

Saturday for breakfast, she asked for bacon and “dippy eggs” (soft cooked eggs in T-speak), so what’s a Nana to do but to serve “dippy eggs” and bacon.photo(2)

Yes, she ate it all … and no, I didn’t have any “dippy eggs” and bacon.  We colored some more, played some more and watched a Dora the Explorer movie.  I’m not sure who had more fun … T#4 and me.  Winking smile

 

Sunday was a dreary, rainy day so while DH was delivering communion to shut-ins from church, I spent my afternoon in my sewing room.  I finished sub-cutting my strips into blocks … and even got a few rows stitched together.  After he got home, we went to the Y, and I got in 30 minutes on the treadmill.   

 

It was a crazy, busy, fun weekend … it’s certainly going to be a quiet week in comparison. 

 

15 comments:

  1. Dippy eggs? The bacon sounds great but I like my eggs well cooked. So glad you such fun. Grand kids sure are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how blessed you are to have your grands close enough to cook breakfast and eat with them! Do I sound jealous? :)

    Sounds like a lovely weekend to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like dippy eggs and bacon too...I also like to color : ) Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun, fun, fun!!! And I'll take YOUR share of those dippy eggs and bacon please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a wonderful and full weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to keep that term "dippy eggs" in mind :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful weekend! Sometimes it is so much fun to have the kids one at a time. I used to love "dippy eggs". We are having snow this morning (better than yesterday's ice) - might be a good day to sew!
    ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. It still sounds wonderful. I am glad you got to sew a bit.
    I love the coloring book. I need to get some for over here.
    I thought it was sweet that my daughter and the girls in her Bible Study had a special night last week and they all watched Beauty and the Beast and had ice cream floats.
    I just loved that.
    I love dippy eggs, what a fun word.
    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dippy eggs: Love it! And, of course you were a good Nana & made sure she had what she wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a perfect weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet weekend for you! I kinda like "dippy eggs" but haven't had them in a long time. Hmmm...and idea for breakfast tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That "one on one" time is very special! Glad you had fun making memories!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dippy eggs!!! My grandmother made them for me, and that's what I have my husband make for me every Sunday morning :*)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Sounds like a perfect weekend! Hope you are staying warm and doing well today. Sending big hugs your way.
    xxxNoreen

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love dippy eggs with bacon, all low carb!!! But I have nothing to dip in them :( (even though they are low carb we seldom eat breakfast...too much clean up)

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)