Monday, February 25, 2013

Weekend Wrap-up

 

 

Our weekend got off to a busy start.  I mentioned that we got 5 1/2 inches of snow Thursday.  Since he came back from his 2-month stay on the Alabama Gulf Coast on Saturday, DH and I went out Friday to shovel his driveway.  We didn’t want to take the chance that he’d get a “wild hair” to get out there Sunday afternoon and clean that driveway, so we beat him to the punch.  Let me tell you that snow was heavy!  My arms and shoulders are still feeling the effects … and DH is “down in the back”.  He’s already told me that if we get the snow that is in the forecast for the next couple of days, I will have to shovel our driveway.  Winking smile 

 

And speaking of my dad returning from the Gulf Coast, we were supposed to meet him in south-central Tennessee and drive him back home.  Turns out he left the Gulf Coast Friday afternoon and drove clear up to south-central Tennessee where he stopped late Friday afternoon.  Rather than have us drive until midnight or later so I could drive him back home or sit for 6 hours waiting for us to arrive Saturday morning, he chose to return come on home on his own.  I have to say that I didn’t mind not having to get up at 4:00 in order to be in Tennessee by noon.  And instead of spending 12 hours on the road, I was able to do some more quilting on T#2’s quilt … plus I finished up shoveling our own driveway (DH wasn’t able to finish it due to his back issues).

 

Sunday was a quiet day … perfect way to end a weekend.  After church in the morning, we had a quiet afternoon … which I spent quilting.  We had a treat for dinner … a Papa Murphy’s pizza.  They were hosting a fundraiser yesterday … buy a pizza and 30% of the proceeds goes to H.I.S. Kids … I didn’t have to cook dinner, and we helped support a very worthy cause - a win-win situation.  We’re not fans of awards programs, so we skipped the Oscars and watched Tootsie and Kramer vs Kramer.

 

 

It’s going to be a pretty busy week here at Chez Nana … helping with Ts today and tomorrow, going out to visit my dad on Wednesday, having the 2 little Ts here Friday through Sunday.  I’m worn out, just thinking about it!  Winking smile

 

17 comments:

  1. I did watch the show I like to see the fashions. Shoveling snow is hard work. I always have to remember to bend my legs when picking up the snow or I hurt my back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a busy week ahead. So glad that your dad got home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning! I still impressed thinking about you shoveling the driveway, nevermind the busy week you have got coming up! Shoveling snow is just not something I have ever had to deal with living here in So. Calif. of course, and I am thinking that it might be a blessing. ; ) glad your dad got home safely, and you didn't have to do all the driving! Enjoy your day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't overdo yourself with all that shoveling, Kathy...and let's hope that the forecasters are wrong this time around! I'm sure your dad had a good time on the Alabama gulf coast. Of course, when we were down there to visit Brittany, it was COLD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shoveling snow is the HARDEST to do. They say it causes more heart attacks because of the strain on the body.

    I've never had a Papa Murphy's pizza... always hear about them though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be careful shoveling that snow. Sounds like you had a nice weekend.
    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any time I don't have to cook dinner is a great night to me :)

    I didn't watch the Oscars either.

    Hope your hubby's back feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm tired just reading what your week looks like! Take your vitamins.Hope Hubby's back gets better soon - not fun at all. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Careful with the shoveling...it truly is back breaking work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Papa Murphy's stuffed pizza!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had a relatively quiet weekend cause your upcoming week sounds BUSY! Wonder if you'll get this new storm tomorrow?! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there, So glad you were able to skip the trip to Tennessee. I hear you about the snow though-we got home yesterday and had to shovel the driveway; plus it kept snowing so had to go out and shovel it again. Sounds like you got more snow though. Have a restful evening.
    xxxoooNoreen

    ReplyDelete
  13. You got the snow...we got the rain!! Eight inches in a week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lucky for us you can't shovel rain! We've got plenty of it.....but just think what a great workout that was for your arms! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love Papa Murphy's pizza, but they don't have any here :(

    I'm sure yours tasted good.

    It is hard to shovel when it is a wet snow indeed! Good workout though!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow you were busy! It sounds like you will be busy this week too.
    My kids work at Papa Murphy's making pizza. :)
    I hope you get feel better. I think it is so hard being sore and watching the kids.
    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I work right along with the best of folks but not so sure I could shovel show. I'm afraid my back would get very upset if I did.

    Sounds like fun, busy and tired days ahead with the Grans. Making precious memories! Happy week!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)