Didn’t we just do the Hodgepodge yesterday? How time flies when we’re having fun! And the Hodgepodge certainly falls into that fun category … why not join in? Just click on the button above.
1. My daughter earned her Master's Degree this past weekend...what's something you've 'mastered' in recent weeks or months?
I think I’ve mastered paper piecing … if only because I’ve been working so much on it in the last few months: my miniature pineapples and my storm at sea.
Yes, I do love the blue and white quilts.
2. What song most reminds you of your childhood?
I can’t recall a song that reminds me of my childhood, but there are plenty that take me back to my teen years … too many to come up with just one that *most* reminds me of those years.
3. What do you think about single gender groups and/or events? Should every group/event be open to both genders? If not, what sort of exceptions do you think are appropriate?
No, I don’t believe that every group/even should be open to any and all who want to participate/attend. There are times and situations where inclusion might be appropriate, but it seems like some are trying to take things just too far.
4. What's your favorite spice? Your favorite dish containing your favorite spice?
That’s a toughie … I love cinnamon but I also love garlic! Since I don’t bake much, I use garlic more often, so I’ll go with garlic. My favorite dish containing garlic? That’s a toughie, too, since I do love to cook with garlic. The first thing that comes to mind is Sweet Sticky and Spicy Chicken (which I serve with stir fry veggies over rice for a yummy, quick and easy meal).
5. I saw this question on Marla's Facebook page and asked if I could
steal borrow it for the Hodgepodge...thanks Marla!
Chevron patterns are everywhere! Do you like it or think its just a little too much? Do you own anything 'chevron'?
I like chevrons but am not crazy about them. And as a rule, I usually steer clear of big trends/colors/styles so that in a year or two, I’m not stuck with something that has become hopelessly outdated. I did however include a blue chevron fabric in my storm at sea (no, that piece isn’t completely trimmed yet).
6. What's something you disliked as a child, but can fully appreciate now?
Green beans. I did NOT like green beans as a child, but they are one of my favorite vegetables now.
7. What can irritate you very quickly?
Someone chewing with their mouth open (especially gum and especially when they’re cracking their gum).
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Speaking of my storm at sea, if I’ve counted correctly, I have the segments for all 80 blocks sewn together. I’m now trimming my segments … next up: sewing the segments into those 80 blocks! Woo hoo!
And we’ve got some really nice weather forecast for the next several days … what a treat to be working on my storm at sea with fresh air blowing in the windows!
Have a wonderful Wednesday!