It’s Wednesday again … time for some more Hodgepodge! Why not join in the fun … just click on the button above – AFTER you’ve visited here and chatted a bit.
1. What's your worst food memory? How about one of your best?
My worst? The time I ate a couple of chocolate covered cherries and then had the stomach flu. Needless to say, I can’t bring myself to eat a chocolate covered cherry. It’s hard for me to think of a best food memory … as someone who loves food (too much), there are so many to choose from. I guess I’ll choose the first time I had the James Island benedict … brunch at A Lowcountry Backyard … we’ll be in Hilton Head for 2 weekends next month, and I imagine we’ll have brunch in the courtyard at A Lowcountry Backyard both weekends!
2. Do you appreciate people telling it like it is, or would you rather a speaker temper his/her words and maybe beat around the bush a little? How about when you're the one communicating...which type are you?
It depends – how’s that for an answer? ha! Seriously, I appreciate the truth, I do not appreciate those who excuse rudeness or downright meanness as “just telling it like it is”. I generally would prefer to honest (not brutally honest, though), but I do struggle with not wanting to hurt or upset someone, even if what I’m sharing is the truth.
3. What's your favorite place to hang out?
My most favorite place to hang out is … you guessed it, the beach! Especially if I’m there with my favorite people!
4. When do you most feel like you're a slave to time?
I rarely feel like I’m a slave to time … certainly one of the benefits of being retired.
5. What was the last concert you attended? Who'd you go with? Was it any good?
I guess the last concert I attended was 7 years ago … Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman and Louie Giglio … with DH, DD, DSIL and T#1. It was absolutely wonderful! It felt like we were experiencing a little bit of heaven here on earth.
6. Reality TV...harmful or harmless? What's your guilty pleasure when it comes to reality TV?
The only reality TV I’ve watched are a couple of episodes of Duck Dynasty. So I guess it goes without saying that I’m not a fan of reality TV (although I rather enjoyed Duck Dynasty … unfortunately our nighttime TV viewing is limited to baseball or hockey games … and NCIS).
7. What's something you think is overrated?
Most reality TV shows, especially the celebrity-based ones.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Look what DH brought home from his stop at the garden yesterday! Granted, it’s only 7 beans, but we actually got beans from our garden! After all those times when the plants were under water, I really didn’t expect those plants to produce a single bean.
Have a wonderful Wednesday!