Thursday, July 21, 2016

OK, Maybe It Was a Bit of a Blogging Break

My next to last blog post mentioned taking a break ... but not a blogging break. But as it turns out, it really was both.

 

About a week after I finished up my last chemo, I started to exhibit some symptoms that I initially chalked them up to that last intense chemo treatment. But over time the symptoms have gotten more intense and enough time has passed that I should no longer be experiencing any symptoms of this magnitude, so I've consulted with my oncologist. He and I are working on figuring out what is going on so we can get them resolved.

 

He moved my CT scan up from the end of the month to last week and moved our follow-up appointment to Tuesday. The good news is that the scan didn't reveal anything that could be causing my symptoms ... the bad news is that the scan didn't reveal anything that could be causing my symptoms. ;-) But there was more good news with the scan - everything looked the way he was expecting. And with my cancer marker staying stable, he doesn't need to see me for 3 months. He's ordered monthly bloodwork between now and October and another scan prior to my visit in October, but other than that, I'm a "free woman" for the next 3 months.

 

I haven't been doing any quilting since my last post, nor have I made it to Homestead Hearth to get fabric for my next project. I haven't even finalized what block I'll make my next quilt from ... I'm waffling between pinwheel, cake stand, scrap jar star and single wedding ring. Obviously triangles will be an integral part of whatever quilt I make next.

 

Since my last post, I have been watching the Ts swim ... their last regular season meet was last night, and they finished the season undefeated. League championships will be Saturday ... when it will be in the upper 90s with a heat index of around 110. :-o Gotta love summertime in southwestern Illinois. Ha!

 

Things should be slowing down next week, so I'm hoping that it will include a road trip to Homestead Hearth and some time back in the sewing room. I've enjoyed a bit of a break from the back-to-back-to-back sewing in May and June and am ready to get back to my needle and thread.

 

I hope that whatever you have planned for today includes a little something that brings you joy ... have a great day!

Kathy

22 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better now I remember you said that you were having a little bit of a hard time after that last chemo treatment. I bet you are so glad you don't have to go back for 3 months. Time to get the sewing going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such good news on the cancer front.
    Now if you can just get those other symptoms resolved!
    Hope you have Homestead Hearth in your future very soon. : )
    Still praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the update. I hope you start to feel better soon. I'm happy about all the good news you received. Keep that up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, thanks for the update... sending healing thoughts your way to feel better soon now :) Have fun when you decide which pattern to do... and when you feel up to a road trip to get it! ;) Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, thanks for the update... sending healing thoughts your way to feel better soon now :) Have fun when you decide which pattern to do... and when you feel up to a road trip to get it! ;) Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering. Hope you are feeling better and have more energy to do the things you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry to hear that you have not been feeling well and I hope you can find the cause. Good news it is not cancer! I do hope you will be feeling better soon and be able to plan a trip to Homestead Hearth. Maybe a trip to the beach?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news with the CT scan. Now, we just need to get you feeling better. Hope they get that resolved soon. With this weather, it's a good time to stay inside and rest if that's what is needed. Take care! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you get some answers & mainly, I'm hoping you get to enjoy that FREEDOM!!!! yahoo!!! 3 months - thats wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope each day gets better, especially with your good news. Maybe you just had a little bug on top of everything else? Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I won't worry that you haven't had time to sew. Glad your scan was so positive. Enjoy your T's and their swimming meets and hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you are feeling better! Great news that you are free for three months. My dad goes back in August and we are hoping for a good report. Hoping that October brings even better news. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad to see this post! I've been wondering how you were. Soo glad the scans are clear and everything looks good in that area. And hopefully the other symptoms have cleared up and your starting to feel better. Anxious to see your next quilting project. I never did get started on that second quilt. Just busy with little things. Hopefully soon. Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's always a win when the tests show nothing ugly right? I'm betting that enormous round of such strong chemo just took a lot of your body's reserves and it needs to rest and recoup. Take care of yourself and go slowly so you can get well quickly my friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sure you were relieved to find nothing sinister going on in your body. I hope that you will now start feeling better too. Enjoy your sewing - and shopping - while your body recovers from the insult. Prayers continue from here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad for no bad news! Hopefully it will just be a little blip on the screen and all will be clear sailing soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad to see a post from you. I have been checking in daily to see if you updated. Worrisome when there is no news. My daughter-in-law is traveling a similar journey in her stage 4 breast cancer battle. Strange as it seems good news from you makes me feel more hopeful for her.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you are feeling a little better every day... and doing a little bit of stitching along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sure hope that even since posting this that you are feeling much better. So thrilled for your clear scan. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm just catching up here today...I do hope and pray you're feeling better. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope you are feeling better, now. It's a great feeling to be a "free woman" for 3 months, isn't it? Oh, the things we sometimes take for granted...
    Those "T's" are quite the swimmers! I know you're proud :)
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glad to hear you are a free woman for a few months. Hope those symptoms go away quickly!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)