My good friend Katy at https://katyquilts.net/ has nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. Normally, I’m not a fan of blog awards, but I have to admit that I like memes that allow us to share a few previously unknown facts so we can get to know each other a little better. So, I’m going to make an exception and join in.
Like Katy did, I have pasted the award photo and the rules directly. Here they are:
*Thank the person who nominated you, and give a link to his/her blog.
*List the rules.
*Display the image of the award on your post.
*List seven facts about yourself.
*Nominate (up to) 15 bloggers for this award, and notify them to let them know you have nominated them.
Seven Facts About Me:
1. I started piecing my very first quilt on January 30, 1982. How do I happen to know the exact date? It just so happens that we had a blizzard in 1982 that began January 30, 1982. We got 24” of snow. I remember starting the quilt after dinner when the forecast was for light flurries. The Blues were playing in Los Angeles that evening, so I was sewing while listening to the radio broadcast on KMOX, the CBS affiliate in St. Louis. They kept interrupting the broadcast to announce that the forecast was changing … after several changes, it became apparent that we were in for a significant snowfall and that there would be no way that I was going to try to get out to go to church the next morning. So I kept sewing … and stopped periodically to take a look at the snow falling.
2. When I was a child, I wanted to be a groundskeeper at Busch Stadium when I grew up. I thought it would be a good way to be able to watch the ball games and get paid. Ha!
3. I like food that most people don’t: braunschweiger, liver and onions, oysters on the half shell to name a few. The list of foods I don’t like is a pretty short one: beets, parsnips, radishes, swordfish, tuna.
4. I flunked chorus tryouts in junior high … you know, the ones where they feel obligated to pass you as long as you can carry a tune. I thought, for some obscure reason, that I’d have a better chance if I sang soprano. I’ll be honest and say that I couldn’t read music at all back then, so I couldn’t carry a tune and most likely wouldn’t have passed anyway. But I couldn’t have failed more convincingly if I had tried.
5. I am an anti-pack rat. I save very little and have no regrets. DH and I have moved about every 8-10 years of our marriage, and my philosophy on moving is “let’s move as little as possible”. So when it comes time to pack, I’m ruthless in giving away/throwing away anything that doesn’t have sentimental or legal value or that I haven’t used/worn since our last move. DH is, on the other hand, a quintessential pack rat and doesn’t allow me to pack anything for him. ha!
6. After listening to my dad replay his round of golf, shot by shot, to my mom as I was growing up, I swore I wouldn’t marry a man who played golf. You guessed it … DH enjoys golf. At least he doesn’t regale me with play-by-play of his rounds.
7. I’ve worn glasses since I was 8 years old. Prior to having to wear glasses, I used to dream about wearing glasses, even poking out the lenses of sunglasses so it looked like I was wearing glasses. Needless to say, I now dream of not having to wear glasses or contact lenses.
I’m going to be a rebel and pass on nominating any other bloggers … if anyone wishes to play along, join in!
I hope that whatever you have planned for today includes a little something that brings you joy ... have a great day!