Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thankful Thursday

 

 

It is impossible to be negative while we are giving thanks.—Donald Curtis

 

Thursday’s here … and so is my opportunity to take a few minutes to be intentionally thankful. 

 

I’m thankful for:

 

  • a good start to the school year for DD and the Ts.  She’s decided to get a head start on kindergarten for T#3.  He’s such a wild man and so full of energy … she’s going to have her hands full with him. ;-) 

 

  • a nice visit at the Missouri Botanical Garden on Sunday … the weather was wonderful, the plants were beautiful, and I’d forgotten how fascinating the Climatron is.

 

  • the nice visit with friends from out of town … it was just so good to see them and catch up on what they’ve been up to since they left the area.

 

  • the gorgeous weather we’ve been having.

 

  • my sweet hubby, who has willingly picked up some of the slack while I’m back at work.

 

  • sweet voice mail messages left on my cell phone … hearing “I love you, Nana” never grows old.

3 comments:

  1. I always enjoy reading your Thankful Thursday posts. You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a good thing to stop and count your blessings - we're always in such a hurry I don't think we do it enough.

    When my oldest daughter (who is about to turn 22) was about 8 years old, she called and left me a message on my work phone asking me if she could have "one of those hmmm cookies?" Her voice was so so sweet and she was so hesitant to ask, I kept that message on my voicemail until I left the job and I stopped to listen to it several times on my last day.

    PS she did get one of "those" cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love botanical gardens. What a sweet voice mail message!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)