Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Weekend Wrap-up




My sisters and their significant others, my dad, and DH and I all got together for the weekend in St. Louis. 

On Saturday, we had lunch at our favorite restaurant on The Hill.  We spent a couple of hours at the pool at our hotel.  And we finished the night with a baseball game.  Our Cardinals lost – badly.  Of course, they’re winning tonight; we originally bought tickets for today’s game … which was originally scheduled as a day game.  But they moved it to an evening game … but the game started 30 minutes after my youngest sister and her S.O. flew back to Texas.  So we swapped our tickets for the Saturday evening game.
photo

Today we spent the morning just visiting and helping my dad do some preliminary planning for his annual snow-bird visit to the Alabama Gulf Coast.  We had some good BBQ for lunch, and we spent the afternoon at the Missouri Botanical Garden.  Here are some of the beautiful things we saw. 
MoBot 8-14-11
(A side note: did you know that 10% of all plants on this earth are orchids?)  You can click on the pictures if you want to see them better.

While I had a good time, I was so glad to get back home this evening.  There really is no place like home … not for me anyway.

7 comments:

  1. Its so nice to come home, I agree! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice weekend and I agree, There's no place like home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had orchids in my wedding-they were gorgeous. I didn't know that little bit of trivia though so thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have good friends who are Cardinal fans. If you ever run into Audrey and Russ at a game, tell them Beverly says hi! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, Glad you had a great trip, did the Cardinels play the Rockies over the weekend?
    I agree that trips can be fun but there is no place like home.
    Have a great day.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many years ago when I was a little girl, I loved the SLC, we lived in California and I remember going to a Giants game against them...need I say the big drunk next to us wasn't happy with the mouthy little Cardinal fan...so glad you got to enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awesome in get together with your family. The gardens are beautiful. Hard to believe 10% are orchids! It's always nice to get back home.

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)