Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

 

It’s Wednesday aka Hump Day (although it’s not Hump Day for me … this week’s work schedule has Wednesday as my first day at work … so I guess that Thursday will be my Hump Day ha!).  I don’t know about you, but I’m always looking forward to Wednesday because that means it’s time for HODGEPODGE!!  After you’ve finished reading my answers, why not head on over to Joyce’s and see what everyone else had to say?  Just click on the button above.

 

1. What is something that bothers you if it's not done perfectly?

Just about everything!  It might be easier to answer what doesn’t bother me if it’s not done perfectly.  And I hate it because when I’ve needed/asked for some help, I am never quite satisfied with how it’s done.  :-(  Remember, I was an accountant for almost 30 years … and you’ve got to be a little (ok, maybe a lot) anal-retentive/OCD to be a good accountant! ;-)


2. Do you think a 6th sense exists? Explain.

I’m not sure that we have a 6th sense, but I do believe that we have an intuition about things, often based on our personal experiences and perceptions.  And often, I believe that it’s the Holy Spirit guiding and directing us. 

 

3. Do you say your goodbyes slowly, quickly, or not at all?

Quickly.  I hate dragging things out, especially goodbyes.  Of course, if a certain little one happens to run to me wanting one more hug, I don’t mind dragging it out … I’ll do just about anything for one more hug or kiss from one of my Ts! :-)


4. On a scale of 1-10, with ten being hot hot hot, what level of spice do you like in your food? What's your favorite 'spicy' dish?

I’d say 7, depending on the dish, of course.  Hot simply for the sake of hot may not necessarily appeal to me, but I do like some kick to some foods.  My favorite would be hot wings.  I know, I know … that’s so unimaginative, but I do love me some hot wings.

 

5. What is one of your all time favorite commercial jingles?

Ok, I KNOW no one else is going to come up with the same answer as me.  Whenever I think of a commercial jingle, I can’t help but think of the jingle for Frederic Roofing, a St. Louis roofing company.  They had their commercials on TV, on radio (especially on the baseball and hockey games) … everywhere.  I couldn’t find a video on youtube.com, but if you go to their website, their jingle will play.  It’s the best I can do.


6. Plane, train, boat or auto...your preferred method of travel?

Auto!  DH and I do NOT like to fly – AT ALL.  We’ve never traveled by train or by boat, so my answer is auto.  I love that our only constraint on what we can take is the space inside the vehicle … I can take my pillows, I can take a good supply of Diet Coke, I can buy as many souvenirs as I’d like, and I can hang our nicer clothes.  We can stop where and when we want to.  I love the time in the car where DH and I have no interruptions, no distractions and can talk … really talk.  And we get to see some of this beautiful country on our way to our destination. 

 

7. What is something you take for granted?

I’d like to think that I don’t take anything for granted, but I’m sure I’m like everyone else.


8. Insert your own random thought here.

I thought we were past the worst of the hot days, but we’ve got another heat advisory for today.  Thankfully, this heat spell will be short lived because we’ll be back to the mid 80’s for the next several days.  Hopefully THIS will be the last of triple-digit temperatures and triple-digit heat indices!

 

Ok, I know Joyce said thought, not thoughts, but it’s my blog so … it looks like Irene might not interfere with our trip next month.  Every forecast update shows that she’s shifting further to the east, and while the current forecast shows that she’s making a beeline for the Outer Banks, a lot can change in the next 2 1/2 days.  We’ve got a Plan B (and a Plan C) in place, so whatever Irene brings, we’ll be ready for the beach!

14 comments:

  1. Hoping Irene gives your beach plans a miss!! I'm all about the random so post as many thoughts as you like : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to travel by auto too. You can leave when you went and enjoy the trip at your pace. I do fly but had the hassle of getting onto the plane and the seats on a plane are so tiny and now you have to pay for snacks!
    Hope Irene doesn't get in your way!
    Kim
    Kimberly's Korner

    ReplyDelete
  3. ♪♫♪ For a hole in your roof or a whole new roof... ♪♫♪

    :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe we can all identify with your answer to #7, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've got our eye on Irene, too. Our plans are to head to Fla. to the beach, so hopefully she will have passed on by the time we get there. We don't have a plan B other than to postpone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep telling my husband that the next auto trip we take, I'm renting a U-Haul so that on the way back I can stop at ALL the antique stores along the way. That might be why we haven't taken any road trips lately ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still hoping Irene goes out to sea! I hate those things. Hugo was HORRID! My mother lost everything- she lived on Sullivan's Island at the time. So, I never want to experience another hurricane. EVER. I'm the same as you on number 1- you'd think I'd get over it by now but, nope. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope Irene doesn't interfere with your plans.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, what a fun Hodgepodge. I hope to be back next week. I've missed it and enjoyed your answers so much this week.

    We're back home and settling in and once again, trying to find a new normal. Whatever that is...... Blessings my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so admire you accountant types. I could surely never be one! No wonder you like things done perfectly. :) And I do think Joyce may have asked that question before... Hope you had a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We had several day of cooler temps and then today, BAM! It was 92. It is supposed to cool down though.

    Good for you for not only having a Plan B, but a Plan C ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here's to an off kilter Irene who leaves your beach in peace!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep, I could have written the answer to #1. Me to a T--except for that accountant part. I really used to love my time in the car with hubby--till cell phones--now we are constantly interrupted.

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)