Wow! This is Hodgepodge #40. Hard to imagine that we’ve been doing this for 40 fun-filled weeks … seems like we just got started a few weeks back. ;-) If you’d like to join in the fun, just click on the link above.
1. Using what's in your frig right now what sort of meal would you be able to make for guests who are knocking at the front door this very minute?
I’d make chicken marsala with a salad and dinner rolls (most everything came from the refrigerator and/or freezer – which is technically part of the refrigerator). I’d just need a couple of ingredients from the pantry. It doesn’t take too long, it’s healthy, and it’s delicious!
2. What is something about yourself that you hope will change but that probably never will?
My low self-esteem.
3. What's something about yourself that you hope will never change?
My optimistic outlook.
4. Do you usually send serious or funny greeting cards? Why?
I usually try to match the greeting card to the occasion and the recipient.
5. Bird watching, shell gathering, or star gazing- your choice for whiling away the hours?
This one’s a no-brainer for me: shell gathering. Remember: I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the beach, and my favorite thing to do on the beach is to walk along the water’s edge, looking for sea shells. I’ve got a large glass container full of shells in our entertainment center and 2 gallon-sized zip lock bags full of extras. And yet, I always gather more shells on our trips to the beach.
6. Do you double or triple check things? If so, what?
Quadruple check. I can be very anal/OCD … and as I’m getting older, my memory just isn’t what it used to be. So I double and triple check things … and then go back a time or two to check again because I can’t remember if I did my usual double or triple check.
7. What's your favorite place for people watching?
The airport. Not that I’m there very often as DH & I hate, hate, hate flying. But when I am, it’s the prime place to people watch. And I like wondering, too, where they’re going, why they’re going there, etc. Who needs a book to read while waiting in the airport when there are people to watch?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I got a last-minute invitation yesterday to join some out-of-town friends for lunch … our previous minister and his wife. It was like a salve for my heart hearing him pray again when he prayed over our meal … I’ve missed them so much.