It’s Thursday, and that means it’s time to stop and count my blessings.
I’m thankful for:
- temperatures returning to more seasonable levels … it’s still plenty warm, but we’re no longer under an extreme heat warning
- getting some one-on-one time with T#4 yesterday afternoon … I love her sweet nature and adorable smile … but it’s getting apparent that she’s getting close to turning 2 … she has no qualms about letting you know exactly how she feels!
- 3 days off in a row … it’s so nice to be able to get a nice, slow start to my days … I enjoy the work I’m doing, the people I work with/for and the supplement to our retirement income, but I’m definitely ready to go back to being retired full time
- nice clean carpets … we rented a carpet cleaner and I cleaned our living room carpet … I was surprised how quickly it dried … I went over the carpet three times to get it good and clean, and it was dry within a couple of hours!
- our sump pump … we haven’t had more than .5 of rain (total) in the last two months, and yet our sump pump still runs periodically … makes me wonder how wet our basement would be during the spring rains!
- God’s grace … I confess that I have to be reminded (more often than I would like to admit) that there’s nothing I can do to earn my salvation … it’s all been done for me