Monday, August 29, 2011

Miscellany Monday

 

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

 

Once again, a weekend has just flown by (where DID it go??) and Monday’s here … which means that it’s time for Miscellany Monday. 

 

1.  Watched a lot of the weather channel this weekend.  Remember, I told y’all that I’m a weather geek.  And hurricanes seem to be especially fascinating to me … I don’t know if it’s the anticipation or the fact that they seem to hit in places where I’ve been or what.  So we watched a fair amount of Irene coverage.  And while she didn’t do nearly as much damage as originally forecast, that’s small consolation to those affected by her winds, rains, and flooding. 

 

2.  Got a good bit of hand quilting done on T#4’s big girl quilt.  I still have a ways to go, but I’m making some progress. 

 

3.  Watched some movies on TV … we’d seen most of them before, but at that price, they were worth watching again (and since we’d seen them before, I could quilt along while watching).

 

4.  Got our plans finalized for our alternate destination for our trip next month.  While Irene didn’t do as much damage to the Outer Banks as we were afraid she’d do, she did make a direct hit.  We decided that we’d rather wait to go next year when we know that everything should be back 100%.  We found a new travel website … www.lastminutetravel.com.  It’s similar to www.hotwire.com … you don’t know what hotel you’re getting until you’ve booked it, but they do provide some description and pictures of the rooms … and since we’ve stayed at the hotel being offered, we knew what we were getting.  And we got a rate almost 25% cheaper than what www.hotwire.com was offering.  On top of that, they do give refunds for cancellations (with enough advance notice), unlike www.hotwire.com

6 comments:

  1. Sorry bout your trip but I'm glad you're going somewhere. There's always next year for the Outer Banks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning! Sounds like you had a good week-end. I love to watch old movies while working on something in my hands ~ good combo, haha... Glad you've got another plan in the works for your trip. Have a wonderful day! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe travels! And email me if you can when you get to Charleston! momaloft4@gmai.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I even watched some of the weather reports. I just hate when they hit land, it's just so sad.
    Sounds like you had a nice weekend. I always watch movies while I blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the winner of the cards...Email me at ANNAH99@aol.com with your mailing information

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, I'm thankful to learn of the newest site for travel discounts; I'm sending it to my sweet man for the future. You mentioned Hilton Head in your comment to me and although we were only there once, I loved it-I mean really loved it. In fact, at the time I thought I'd rather go there than to the Islands because it was so much cheaper but don't know if that still holds true. Have a wonderful afternoon.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)