Friday, November 2, 2012

Thankfulness

 

I like to think of myself as someone who is optimistic and has an attitude of gratitude.  Yet when I really examine myself, I know that I do my share of grumbling … and even though I may justify that grumbling by saying that it’s only about the “little things”, I know that grumbling is complaining plain and simple.  By taking the time to be intentionally thankful during the month of November, I am reminded that there is so much for which I have to be thankful … so very much more than I have to complain about.  Lord, help me to keep focused on all that You have blessed me with, to fill my heart with thankfulness – not just these 30 days, but every day. 

 

Today I’m thankful for:

A sweet daughter who is also my best friend.  Because it was just DD and me for 10 years, we have an extra special relationship, an especially deep bond.  I admire so much about her ... her sweetness, friendliness, compassion, patience just to name a few.  She homeschools her 4 littles (did I say that she had patience?) and is a loving wife to DSIL.  She challenges me to be better, to be more, to not settle for easy.  She is the mom I wish I had been, the daughter I wish I could have been, the wife I want to be.  She is such a blessing to me. 

 

 

I’ve got my annual check up today.  I’ll also be having lunch with a neighbor/friend.  I hope to have a restful afternoon/evening because there’s another busy weekend coming up … including possibly another sleepover!  I can’t wait!  Red heart

16 comments:

  1. I catch myself grumbling quite a bit lately. This is not what I want to do, nor how I want to be remembered. Thanks for the reminder.

    Hope you get your rest today so you're all ready for the weekend. Sounds like a great one coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your kind words about your daughter. She sounds incredible. I feel the same way all of the time. Very, very blessed. Have a lovely weekend Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind words about your daughter! Very sweet. It's a nice reminder to be thankful for all we have. Even hot showers! I know there are some in NJ who would love a hot shower right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post and was thinking today how thankful I am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You said it well! I feel the same way about my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blessings on your day and weekend. I love your grateful heart-we are a work in progress, aren't we. So glad the Lord doesn't give up on us!
    Hugs today.
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the reminders of gratitude, it is so easy to forget! I too am grateful for my children and for their gifts of love. Have a wonderful weekend. Micki

    ReplyDelete
  8. What sweet words about your daughter. I so wish mine was closer, we have so much fun together, but 13 hours is too far! But, we make the best of it.

    Hope all went well with your check up.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds like you have a wonderful daughter and how precious that the two of you have such a close relationship. Quite a blessing!
    hope you have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  10. So neat with the special relationship you have with your daughter; a very wonderful blessing indeed and something to be thankful for too!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for that reminder of all we have to be thankful for!! I know I should never grumble, but I do and I'm ashamed!

    What a special daughter you have! That's a big thank you thing!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet post about your daughter. She sounds lovely...I have one of those, too...a lovely daughter who is my best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved this post and to think I am almost missed it for some reason. Your daughter sounds soo wonderful. How happy I am for you that the Lord has soo blessed you with her. Enjoy your week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ...getting to know you through blog comments and blog posts, I think you're VERY optimistic!! And as my quote at the top of my blog for November...your words echo it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope your physical went well and I am so glad that you have such a wonderful daughter. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you have been blessed with such a sweet daughter. Hope your weekend has been fun!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)