Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Weekend’s Here!

 

I’ve always thought that the weekend starts with Friday, but I guess “officially” it starts on Saturday.  Regardless of when we want to consider the weekend started, it’s here now!

 

We had T#4 all afternoon yesterday.  I just love that little one … and she loves her Nana.  Red heart Red heart Red heart  Of course, the downside is when Daddy came to get her, she didn’t want to leave … seeing her crying and reaching for Nana broke my heart.  On two levels … one, it broke my heart to see her cry, and it took every ounce of willpower I had not to snatch her out of DSIL’s arms to comfort her … and two, I’ve been in those shoes, seeing my child cry and reach out for someone else’s arms when it was time to come home.  Even though I knew that at that age, they only know what’s fun right now and resist leaving the current fun, it’s still hard on a Mama’s heart to see her child resisting coming back home (even if temporarily).  Crying face

 

After T#4 went home, we settled in for a nice quiet evening.  We fixed ourselves some dinner and watched another movie … this time from our Blockbuster queue.  We don’t watch many movies during the summer with baseball most every evening, so we’re a bit behind on our queue.  And with no hockey this winter (at least not yet), we’ll have plenty of time to get caught up on our queue.

 

As of right now, we have nothing planned for today … it looks like we might actually be able to do DH’s birthday celebration meal today!!  He is the “chief cook and bottle washer” for the men’s prayer breakfast at church and fixes a nice large breakfast, so I’m thinking that a late lunch/early dinner at his favorite restaurant is our plan.  That way we can order off the lunch menu – saving a few dollars while still getting plenty to eat.  I know what DH will order … he always orders to the chicken Spiedini Proscuitto.  I’m leaning toward either the tutte mare or the seafood ravioli.  Winking smile

 

I’m hoping to get in some quilting before and after we have our meal out.  And speaking of quilting, DD has put in a request for a quilt.  I have another wall quilt (for our dining area) already started, but I was at a loss what to make after I finish the I-Spy quilt and the wall quilt.  I was wanting to make something for DD … and now I have the design picked out for me.  Thumbs up  She’s asked for a two-color quilt … gray and creamy white … in a chevron or herringbone design.  Here’s her inspiration:

 

 

Today I’m thankful for:

  • The sun shining in as I’m sitting here with my laptop.

 

  • Finally getting our meal out to celebrate DH’s birthday.

 

  • Seeing new pictures of the Ts on Facebook … they had a photo-shoot last month, and the photographer posted a couple of teaser photos on Facebook … time for new wallpaper on my laptop and my iPhone!

 

  • DH’s thoughtfulness … he was very quiet when he got up this morning, so I could sleep another hour (he was up by 5:00 in order to be at church starting breakfast)

14 comments:

  1. your weekend is off to a great start by being able to sleep in! Enjoy your dinner with your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you finally get to go out for that birthday dinner! Can't believe how busy us old retired people are!!! (Not calling YOU old though!) DD's quilt should be fun - can't wait to see what you come up with! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you and your husband have a nice dinner out

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you and DH are finally going to get that meal out.

    The gray and white quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. DD2 LOVES the chevron pattern. It makes me dizzy. LOL My nephew's wife (the one who just had a baby) painted that design on the baby's dresser. It's so pretty. But, again, it makes me dizzy. It's in the gray and white! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes my daycare kids don't want to go home with their parents. Breaks my heart to see them upset, but my husband says it should reassure the parents that their child loves coming to "Aunt Tami's House".

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that quilt for sure! And, do hope y'all got to go and have that birthday meal. I can't imagine have 4 Grandchildren at one time. Of course, I only have 2 and probably won't ever have more than about 3. Just one take a lot of energy. :o)

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the weekend begins Thursday night : ) I enjoy the anticipation of a weekend almost as much as the weekend itself. Hope yours was nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful quilt pattern! Hope you got that birthday meal and had a good time.....my hubby got up quietly this morning too and it was so nice to sleep a little longer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad you had your dinner with you DH- finally. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you and hubby will get the chance to celebrate his birthday today! It is neat though to stretch out the celebrations, makes the festivities last longer.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can see why she liked the pattern for the quilt...and the colors....very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My daughter would cry when I picked her up from day care. I told then you would think I was beating her at home. They said no, she just has a good time here and that's a good thing. That pattern for the quilt looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)