Thursday, November 1, 2012

A “This and That” Thursday

 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again … my life is nothing, if not random.  So it is no surprise that since my blog is peek into my life, it’s mostly a series of randomness.  Winking smile

 

I was able to get the borders on my quilt in fairly short order yesterday, so DH borrowed some larger folding tables from church so I could baste together my quilt top, batting and backing.  I was even able to get a couple of blocks quilted last night (in between jumping up to hand out candy to trick or treaters).  photoRemember, you can click on the picture to get a larger view. 

 

The good thing about having mostly fall decorations (as opposed to Halloween decorations) is that I didn’t have much to take down this morning, now that Halloween is over. 

 

I discovered a new iPhone app for quilting – QuiltCalc.  It calculated the yardage and the number of strips I needed to cut for my borders and binding.  How I wish I had this when I was buying fabric for the Irish Chain quilt I made last June (I added borders and wasn’t sure how much fabric to buy … the sales clerk helped me come up with an estimate, but unfortunately it wasn’t enough … so my quilt was a little smaller than I wanted).

 

I cannot believe that it’s November already … didn’t we just have Christmas last month?  Laughing out loud  Seriously, this year has just flown by. 

 

Noreen over at Life Blessings has issued a challenge to find something to be thankful for every day this month, and I’m going to take up that challenge.  Won’t you join us?

 

Today I’m thankful for:

My hubby who supports and encourages me in my love of quilting.  He had been encouraging me for a year or two to get a new sewing machine (how I wish I had followed up on that sooner … my new machine makes piecing almost fun!).  He never complains if I want to stop at a quilt shop (even when we’re traveling).  He never complains if I ask him, while he’s out running errands, to stop and pick up something quilting-related.  I Red heart him!

 

14 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike--our post titles are almost identical today!

    I, too, am thankful for a kind, supportive hubby :) He never complains about anything I ask him to do either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very nice. I always think that about November, there is always something to be thankful for. I love your list. So sweet. I can't believe it is November either, I do feel like I barely put away Christmas decorations.
    I just have pumpkins so I leave them out, I do have some turkeys I have made so I will get them out now.
    Have a lovely day and your quilt is so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those borders.....it's a beautiful quilt!

    I cannot believe it's November! Time is slip sliding away. :). And I'm thankful for so much too.....it's so great to have a sweet husband!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is so beautiful! I love this post, because I love random stuff. Your man sounds a lot like mine. He's always supporting me in any endeavor I try and is always willing to go or do anything those endeavors may lead to. And no, I can't believe it's November already. Thanksgiving is just 3 weeks away. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt is beautiful. I can't believe it's No.vember either, and then Thanksgiving is sooo early this year. It's hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that the holidays are that close...not ready

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy afternoon my friend, I love this post and I love all the different fabrics in the quilt. I will have to check out the app for our phones. We are blessed indeed; my man always wants to stop at fabric stores when we travel because he says we may never get back to the store again. I am so thankful for him.
    I am also thankful for my dear blogging friends who inspire me to quilt more-you are at the top of that list! Love you Kathy.
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your husband sounds wonderful. He's a keeper. How long have you guys been married?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your quilt! Good luck getting it quilted soon! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe it's Novemeber 1st, either, Kathy! Fall will be over before we know it! I absolutely love your quilt...you're such a talent and to have a hubby who supports your hobby, well, that's just icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a handful of 'halloween' decorations. The rest are fall related. I like to keep it that way because we host Thanksgiving every year and this way I don't have to decorate twice. *Pat on the back for me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of my Thanksgiving decor is my "Fall" decor, so I don't really have any Halloween...makes it easy, haha. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this quilt. It might be my favorite of yours I have seen soo far. I love all the fabrics and colors. I agree, you have a wonderful hubby! Hope you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool APP for the phone! They think of everything, don't they? That is so sweet about your hubby and his support of your hobby!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  13. The quilt is pretty, I really love it! I have a few Halloween decorations but only put out my Fall ones this year so I don't have to change anything up yet. I feel like it was just Christmas too! Enjoy your month of Thankfulness.

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)