Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge


 
1. In what way are you your own worst enemy?
I am so hard on myself … too hard.  I have perfectionist tendencies, and of course, being human, I frequently fail to live up to my own expectations.
 
2. Jacques Cousteau's birthday was Monday, June 11th...ever been scuba diving? Is that something you'd like to try? What's your favorite 'under the sea' creature?
I’ve never been scuba diving, but it is something that I’d like to try.  I’ve thought about signing up for scuba diving on our cruise, but DH doesn’t know how to swim, and I’m reluctant to just go without him (or someone else I know).  Perhaps I’ll get to know someone onboard who will be my scuba diving partner??
 
My favorite under-the-sea creature?  Dolphins.  I love that there are always dolphins swimming not too far out from the shore at Hilton Head. 
 
3. On a scale of 1-10, how comfortable are you in and around the water? (1=not at all, 10=very) Do you know how to swim and if so how and when did you learn?
It seems like I’ve always swam.  I forget just when I learned how to swim … the park department in my home town had swim lessons at the city lake every summer, and my mom always signed us up.  I even took life saving classes when I was in junior high.  I love to swim, and I love the beach … but these days I only swim in pools … I want to see whatever is out there in the water with me.  ha!
 
4. What's something you do to motivate yourself to tick an item off your to-do list?
I rarely have to resort to doing something to be able to do an item on my to-do list.  I’m just OCD enough that if it’s on the list, I’m not going to have peace until I either do it (or else change my mind and cross it off my list entirely).
 
5. What makes a good neighbor? Are you a good neighbor?
Jesus tells us a good neighbor is one who shows mercy (Luke 10:37), and I pray that I am merciful to those around me.
 
6. Who loads the dishwasher at your house? Is there a right way and a wrong way?
No one here at Chez Nana has the responsibility of loading/unloading the dishwasher ... DH and I both do it.  And I am not very particular about how it’s loaded, surprisingly.
 
7. You know it's summer when_________________________.
Homegrown sweet corn, tomatoes and watermelon are plentiful.  They say summer to me in ways that nothing much else does.
 
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My sister, her S.O. and her grandson are here for a few days.  I enjoy having them here … we’ll be visiting the City Museum in St. Louis today and going to the Cardinals game tomorrow night.  Since DD and the Ts will be joining us, I’m the “middle man” (or “middle woman”) in making the arrangements.  

I was able to persuade DH to help me with getting a photo of the entire Irish chain quilt yesterday morning.  It was a little breezy and the quilt was a little too wide for him to stretch it out as much as I’d like, but all things considered, the picture turned out pretty well.
Quilt 002

Ok, that’s two random thoughts … guess it’s your lucky day!  Winking smile























18 comments:

  1. I answere the same way with questions 1 and dolphins were my favorite creature. I love the fresh goodies in the summertime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have answered #1 exactly the same way. I am sometimes my worst enemy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dolphins are incredible animals. They'll even come into the channels in HHI. Love fresh fruits/veggies in summer...especially when they come out of someone else's garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good morning! Enjoyed this as always...I am behind, but I might do this later too. enjoy your time with your sister. the quilt is GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt is beautiful and I hope you enjoy all your plans with extended family here. I'm a bit OCD as well but for me it CDO which is the same thing but the letters in the correct order - WHICH IS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning, Kathy! We'll be heading to HHI next month for a week, instead of Tybee Island...I can't wait! I'm even more excited with the prospect of spotting some dolphins! I didn't know you were going on a cruise! What ship will you be going on? We've been on several cruises and have booked another trip later in the year. Have a fun time with your sister...and your quilt is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! It's gorgeous! I absolutely LOVE it! It's so nice to have visitors, isn't it? I just love it when relatives come to visit. Sometimes, a friend or two of the lovelies will come visit even if that particular lovely isn't coming home. I love that! Their friends have always felt so comfortable here. Corn, watermelon and tomatoes remind me not only of summer but of my grandparents!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I almost said fresh produce for my summertime answer too. I just love it this time of year. Your quilt is gorgeous! Have fun with the family : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kudos to you for considering scuba diving! Ed's been, but I know I never will.

    I hope you have a good time with your company--and by the way, that quilt is beautiful! So much time and work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use to be a perfectionist, then I had gotten ill and had to change my way. Would like some of it back. The quilt is so pretty. Enjoy your company...(now that motivates me to clean and get things checked off my list!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. #5 and #7, I love your answers. Perfect. And I do believe you two should reconsider and retire/relocate to or near Hilton Head.....then, you can see the dolphins all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilt is stunning! What a project:) to enjoy for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh your quilt is so pretty. I just like blue and white so much.
    Isn't it funny to think about taking swimming lessons? Until I read your question I hadn't thought about that in years.
    I am pretty OCD too. I just like things to be a certain way. Not like Monk or anything but a certain way. I am in good company.
    Have fun with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a very beautiful quilt!!! Sweet corn and tomatoes, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want that quilt sooooo bad! I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)