Wednesday, June 13, 2012
1. In what way are you your own worst enemy?
I am so hard on myself … too hard. I have perfectionist tendencies, and of course, being human, I frequently fail to live up to my own expectations.
2. Jacques Cousteau's birthday was Monday, June 11th...ever been scuba diving? Is that something you'd like to try? What's your favorite 'under the sea' creature?
I’ve never been scuba diving, but it is something that I’d like to try. I’ve thought about signing up for scuba diving on our cruise, but DH doesn’t know how to swim, and I’m reluctant to just go without him (or someone else I know). Perhaps I’ll get to know someone onboard who will be my scuba diving partner??
My favorite under-the-sea creature? Dolphins. I love that there are always dolphins swimming not too far out from the shore at Hilton Head.
3. On a scale of 1-10, how comfortable are you in and around the water? (1=not at all, 10=very) Do you know how to swim and if so how and when did you learn?
It seems like I’ve always swam. I forget just when I learned how to swim … the park department in my home town had swim lessons at the city lake every summer, and my mom always signed us up. I even took life saving classes when I was in junior high. I love to swim, and I love the beach … but these days I only swim in pools … I want to see whatever is out there in the water with me. ha!
4. What's something you do to motivate yourself to tick an item off your to-do list?
I rarely have to resort to doing something to be able to do an item on my to-do list. I’m just OCD enough that if it’s on the list, I’m not going to have peace until I either do it (or else change my mind and cross it off my list entirely).
5. What makes a good neighbor? Are you a good neighbor?
Jesus tells us a good neighbor is one who shows mercy (Luke 10:37), and I pray that I am merciful to those around me.
6. Who loads the dishwasher at your house? Is there a right way and a wrong way?
No one here at Chez Nana has the responsibility of loading/unloading the dishwasher ... DH and I both do it. And I am not very particular about how it’s loaded, surprisingly.
7. You know it's summer when_________________________.
Homegrown sweet corn, tomatoes and watermelon are plentiful. They say summer to me in ways that nothing much else does.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My sister, her S.O. and her grandson are here for a few days. I enjoy having them here … we’ll be visiting the City Museum in St. Louis today and going to the Cardinals game tomorrow night. Since DD and the Ts will be joining us, I’m the “middle man” (or “middle woman”) in making the arrangements.
I was able to persuade DH to help me with getting a photo of the entire Irish chain quilt yesterday morning. It was a little breezy and the quilt was a little too wide for him to stretch it out as much as I’d like, but all things considered, the picture turned out pretty well.
Ok, that’s two random thoughts … guess it’s your lucky day!