Wednesday, June 20, 2012
1. Summer officially rolls in with the Hodgepodge this week, for those of us in the Northern hemisphere anyway. What song says summer 2012 to you?
I don’t know that I can identify a song that says summer to me, let alone summer 2012.
2. What's your favorite quintessential summer food?
This will be a hard one for me … I don’t want to have to choose between watermelon, peaches, and sweet corn on the cob. But since I “have” to, I’ll choose watermelon. It’s so refreshing, and eating watermelon always reminds me of my childhood summers … a slice of red, ripe watermelon served on my mom’s Coca Cola tray while listening to the Cardinals game on the radio.
3. I've spent a lot of time traipsing up and down the NJ Turnpike in recent weeks. Did you know the rest areas on the turnpike are named after people who lived or worked in NJ? Clara Barton, Walt Whitman, James Fenimore Cooper, Molly Pitcher, Joyce Kilmer, Thomas Edison, and Gover Clevland just to name a few. Of those I listed, who would you most like to have known and why?
Thomas Edison … he invented so many more things than just a long-lasting electrical light bulb. “Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.”
4. At what age did you move out of your parent's house and what prompted the move?
I moved out when I was 20, when I married my ex-husband.
5. What's more satisfying to you-saving time or saving money?
Saving money is more satisfying, although I’m always on the lookout for ways to save time (patience is not one of my virtues ).
6. Name something you think brings out the good in people.
Listening … really listening to them is a good way, I think, to bring out the best in people.
7. This last question comes to you courtesy of Kathy over at Reflections...will you be taking a vacation or a staycation this summer? If so where will you go? If a staycation is on the calendar have you made any special plans to fill the time?
Neither. We don’t take summer vacations … we travel in the spring and the fall, when the beach is less crowded and it’s easier to get affordable lodging. But I’m sure having beach withdrawal this summer … I want to go SO bad.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It’s been/going to be a busy week here at Chez Nana. I’m in the baby/toddler nursery every night for VBS, I watched the kiddos for the Moms Group at church yesterday morning, this morning my dad has a follow-up appointment for his cataract surgery earlier this month, I’ve got a semi-annual dental appointment this afternoon, I’ll be watching my Ts tomorrow during the day (and possibly on Saturday, too) and DH gets a tooth pulled Friday afternoon.
I’ve switched to comment moderation because I’m getting some spam comments. In checking out my comments section in Blogger, I found a good 25-30 comments from the last year and a half that were incorrectly identified as spam and never delivered to my email (or published) … from people who comment regularly. Hopefully by switching to comment moderation, all comments will be sent to my email for my determination if they’re spam or not … but I’ll be checking out my comments section in Blogger regularly now.