1. What do the words 'freedom' and 'liberty' mean to you? Does your mind go more in the direction of not being persecuted or discriminated against or does it head in the direction of doing what you please?
My mind does go a little in the direction of doing what I please. There are, of course, limits to doing what I please … personal limits, moral limits and legal limits. But to a degree, I am able to do what I please. But it mostly goes in the direction of not being persecuted or discriminated against. I have neither freedom nor liberty if I am persecuted or discriminated for what I doing whatever I please.
2. Nathan's sponsors a hot dog eating contest every 4th of July. Last year over 40,000 people attended the event and almost 2 million watched it on TV. The winner ate over 60 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes. How do you like your hot dogs?
On someone else’s plate. I’m not a fan of the hot dog.
3. If you were going to enter an eating contest what would be on the menu?
Watermelon? I’ve never entered an eating contest and frankly don’t see myself ever doing so. But I’ve been on a watermelon kick, so maybe I could stand enough of it to eat myself silly.
4. Do you run your house more as a dictatorship or a democracy?
DH and I work as a team, so I would say that our house runs as a democracy.
5. Where was your favorite summer place when you were a kid?
We didn’t travel when I was a child, so my favorite summer place was our neighborhood. I could get on my bike and ride, there was an empty lot where we’d play ball, my friends lived on the next street over … we never tired of stuff to do in our neighborhood.
6. Do you have a guest room? Would you want to stay there?
We don’t have a room designated as a guest room. We do have a daybed (with a trundle) in what we call my sewing room and a sofa bed in our living room. We almost never have overnight guests – other than the Ts, but when we do, we’re certainly able to accommodate them.
7. Next Wednesday America celebrates her independence. Do you have any special plans for the 4th of July? If you live outside the USA when and how does your country celebrate its own patriotic holiday?
As of right now, we have no special plans for the 4th of July. If the weather cooperates, we might grill out.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It’s going to be hot, hot, hot in these parts over the next several days.