It was a pretty busy weekend at the end of a busy week.
We had more corn on the cob this weekend … or maybe I should say that I had more corn on the cob this weekend. DH had a tooth removed on Friday and wasn’t up to eating corn on the cob. He had a difficult time of it Friday evening, but thankfully he’s doing just fine now.
I’ve reported that we’ve had trouble with the ice maker in our refrigerator … without any warning, it would stop making ice. We could get water … but no ice. It stopped again this weekend … this time I decided to do a little investigating … and I think I found the problem. There was an ice cube stuck in the feeder … I couldn’t get it out, but after a little bit, it occurred to me that I could get the blow dryer and melt that pesky ice cube. It didn’t take long after that for the ice maker to start making and feeding ice cubes.
Our hibiscus has sprouted its first bloom! We put the hibiscus in the basement every winter and bring it out in May when the temperatures stay at or above 50. Every spring, it loses all but 2 or 3 leaves and recovers from the shock and produces lovely blooms (although this year’s first bloom might not be considered too lovely … not sure what caused the holes in the petals).
I didn’t get any quilting done this weekend. But we started and got a good bit of work done on a puzzle. (I don’t expect this week to be nearly as busy as last week, so I plan to get back to work on quilting my log cabin quilt.)
I also had the 4 Ts all day Saturday as DD had an Initials, Inc. party and DSIL had to work.