Sunday, September 18, 2011

It’s not heaven …

 

… but it’s about as close as we’re going to get here on this earth (or would be if DD and her family were here with us!).  We’re at our favorite destination … Hilton Head Island.  (And if any of you are notorious cat burglars, thinking that this is your opportunity to make a hit, think again … our next door neighbor is a retired police officer – ha!)

 

We left early yesterday morning … much earlier than anticipated, thanks to DH … he woke up in the middle of the night, couldn’t go back to sleep and got up and decided to start getting ready.  I’m a light sleeper, so that woke me up and the rest is “history”.  By leaving earlier, we were able to get here late afternoon, so we could check in, unpack and get some time on the beach before heading for dinner. 

 

photo (2)

 

Speaking of dinner, we had a fantastic meal at a little hole in the wall place and made an early evening of it.

photo (2)

 

It’s not as warm as we’d like, but that’s not going to stop us from getting out and enjoying an afternoon on the beach. 

9 comments:

  1. Looks like you're going to have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoy!! Looks like a beautiful place!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't fret about the weather- we're expecting mid to upper 80s this week. I guess I can tolerate it just for y'all! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaahhhh, the beach, the ocean....Enjoy!

    Cheri
    http://northwoodsramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of our favorite places on earth! The cafe next to the lighthouse in Sea Pines is neat...you can eat and see the dolphins playing. I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh lucky you! I only live about a 2 hour drive away from where you are! So close, yet so far away...

    Yes, the weather has been cool, but it's supposed to warm up! Enjoy the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for your sweet comments you left for me....I really appreciate and take to heart what you said.....

    I can't believe we are so close....You are at Hilton Head and I am at St. Simons Island, Ga...only about a hour and a half apart......We'll have to send mental notes across the water......I hope you have a wonderful time...I am planning to relax and recupe as much as possible.....

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)