Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Oh. My. Goodness! It’s Wednesday! With the holiday weekend, I’m all off on what day it is … and almost left for work without posting my Wednesday Hodgepodge! Oh the humanity!
Seriously, it’s Wednesday, and that means that it’s time for Wednesday Hodgepodge. If you’d like to join the fun or check out everyone else’s answers, just click on the button above.
1. What is one piece of advice you would give a 'just turning' 21- year old adult?
Don’t waste your time … time flies all too quickly. You may think you have YEARS before you marry, you have kids, or you retire … but those days will be here before you know it.
2. Besides cooler weather (or warmer weather, depending on your hemisphere) what is one thing you are looking forward to this fall?
One thing? I would say being able to pull out my sweaters and sweatshirts, but I’ve been wearing them all summer (to work and to church), but I’d rather say our trip to Hilton Head. The beach will ALWAYS trump anything else!
3. What sound lulls you to sleep?
I haven’t found a sound that will lull me to sleep. As I’ve gotten older, it’s gotten more and more difficult to fall asleep; once asleep, I sleep well, but it’s the falling asleep that has gotten so difficult.
4. September is National Preparedness Month...does your family have an emergency 'kit' and/or disaster plan in place?
No, not really.
5. How has your blog changed since you started blogging? Or has it?
I started with the intention of journaling about my life, and I suppose that’s still pretty much what it’s about.
6. What's something you've recently learned to do on the computer?
7. Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate.
Yes, I believe so. While our words may be able to describe the subject of a picture, they aren’t always able to evoke the many emotions that a picture can. I can describe what we saw on a trip or a special time when DD was growing up, but when I see a photo, I find myself there.
8. Insert your own random here
What is up with all the hurricanes/tropical storms this fall? First Irene … and now Katia (although it looks like Katia will stay clear of the US coast) … but what about 14? We originally planned to go to the Outer Banks, but Irene had other ideas. Instead, we’ll go further south to Hilton Head … if 14 doesn’t interfere.