We’re halfway through another week … we’re hurtling toward 2013 at record speed. Let’s slow down a little and take some time for this week’s Hodgepodge.
1. So, when did you last take a walk in the woods? A stroll along the beach? A drive going nowhere in particular in the car?
DH and I strolled along the beach last September – during our trip to the Outer Banks. The last time I took a walk in the woods was when we hiked in Oregon in 2011. And I cannot remember the last time we took a drive to nowhere in particular; with the price of gas, that's not something that happens much any more.
2. Are you sending Christmas cards this year? About how many do you send? Photo card or something more traditional? How do you display the cards you receive?
I plan to send traditional Christmas cards this year. I have them sitting on the table, waiting for me to sign, stuff, address and mail … and if I don’t get to them soon, my plan may not come to fruition. I like to hang the cards we receive from our mantle. So far, we have received only one card.
3. What's a word you've heard too much of in the past week?
Fiscal cliff. Ok, it’s two words … but I’ve heard this waaaay too much this past week.
4. December 13th is National Cocoa Day-are you a fan? Plain or flavored? Marshmallows or no marshmallows?
I’m not a fan of hot or sweet drinks – and that includes cocoa, but if I’m going to have it, I’d like it plain with tiny marshmallows.
5. What is something you do to help alleviate the hectic pace of the Christmas season?
I think about the reason we celebrate the Christmas season.
6. Besides jewelry, what's a favorite sparkly-glittery item in your home or closet?
Our Christmas village. I don’t know if you can see the sparkly snow, but it’s there (maybe if you click on the picture so you can see the larger version?). This was a wedding gift from DH’s sister, so it holds a special place in our hearts … and our Christmas decorating isn’t done until the village is in place.
7. Share a favorite line or two from any Christmas carol.
My favorite Christmas song is How Many Kings by Downhere. And here are my favorite lines:
How many kings step down from their thrones?
How many lords have abandoned their homes?
How many greats have become the least for me?
And how many gods have poured out their hearts
To romance a world that is torn all apart
How many fathers gave up their sons for me?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We have snow in our forecast!! Not until next Tuesday and it’s only a 30% chance, which means that we probably won’t see a single flake. But I have hope.