Guess what! It’s Wednesday again! And you know what that means … it’s time for the Hodgepodge!
1. This week's Hodgepodge is Volume 123. What's something you've done recently that was as easy as 1-2-3?
I made Sweet, Sticky and Spicy Chicken with stir fry veggies for dinner last night … easy peasy. I wish I could say that the Ts enjoyed it as much as DH and I did.
2. The Wednesday Hodgepodge also happens to fall on the first day of May ...what is something you may do this month?
We may get our garden planted before we leave next week … the ground has finally dried out enough to start working. But the rains will return tomorrow. It looks like the next 36 hours may very well be our only opportunity to get the garden planted before we leave. Otherwise, we’ll be planting when we return (and praying that we don’t get an early summer like we did last year).
3. The Englishman Horace Walpole is credited as saying, "The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think" How do you see it?
I agree for the most part. Those who feel are especially impacted by all the pain and sorrow of this world, thus to them this world is a tragedy. There are those who are more impervious to this world’s trials … those who don’t feel. I’m just not sure that I would classify them as those who think, and I’m not sure that I would say that those not pained by this world view it as a comedy. Perhaps I’m overthinking this (ya think? ).
4. May is National Hamburger Month...how often do you eat a burger? What are your must-haves when it comes to burgers? I assume you vegetarians won't be celebrating so tell us what you'd like instead?
I don’t have burgers too often … and I’m not sure why. I love a good burger. I’m generally not too fussy about my burgers, but I do prefer them cooked at home out on the grill (and not too well done, which is why I prefer them at home).
5. Pansies, petunias, geraniums, impatiens...of the four mentioned, which is your favorite in a patio pot? Will there be pots on your patio this spring? (Or whenever spring comes to your part of the globe?) Who does the gardening at your house?
My favorite is impatiens, but I won’t be having any on my deck this year as there’s not enough shade on our deck for impatiens. And I certainly intend to have flowers on our deck, but it will be late spring when we get them. I generally don’t put flowers out on the deck until after Mother’s Day … but this year we’ll be in Florida on Mother’s Day. So mine won’t get out until Memorial Day … hope there are still flowers at the nursery. I do the deck gardening … all other gardening is a joint project.
6. When did you last (literally or figuratively) shout "Mayday, Mayday!"
I cannot remember … I know I have, but I just cannot remember a specific time.
7. Say farewell to your April in ten words or less.
April, you were a tease … and I won’t miss you! (Whew! Just made the 10-word limit! )
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We had the Ts over yesterday. After dinner, mama and daddy came over … we did a little more trip planning and we watched the Blues game (they won in VERY exciting fashion in overtime).