Ahhhh, it feels so good to get back to Hodgepodging. If you want to join in, just click on the button above.
1. What question do you often ask yourself?
What was it that I was looking for?
2. Do you grow roses? What's your favorite color of rose? Ever been given a dozen roses? Where was the prettiest rose or rose garden you remember seeing?
I have some pink knockout roses along the west side of our house … I love them! They are so easy – they just need a liberal “hair cut” in the late winter/early spring, and they provide beautiful flowers all summer long.
My favorite color of rose is probably pink, although I do love the pretty peachy pink rose, too. DH has sent a dozen roses … and while I love getting them, the frugal side of me thinks that the money could be put to better use. I always enjoy seeing the rose garden at the Missouri Botanical Gardens (and speaking of, I think it’s high time DH and I get over for to MoBot a visit).
3. Do you read the freshness dates on grocery store products? Will you use eggs past their 'use by' date? Take medication that's expired? Buy a dented can?
I do check the dates on grocery store products. I prefer to err on the side of caution and not use products after their “use by” or expiration dates. Ditto on dented cans.
4. Should athletes be role models?
No. While there are plenty of athletes who are worthy of being role models, unfortunately there are just way too many who are not. In my perfect world, teachers and parents would be role models.
5. Edmund Hillary of New Zealand and Tenzing Norgay of Nepal became the first explorers to reach the top of Mt. Everest on this date (May 29) back in 1953. What's something you hope to achieve in your lifetime?
I’d like to see my grandchildren grow up to become Godly men and women.
6. What would you do if you had twenty acres of land and the money to develop it any way you choose?
I’d like to build a large multi-family house … with a separate living area for DD and her family and one for DH and me … with a large common area. And since I’m dreaming, I might as well dream for a large pool out back and for this 20 acres to be beachfront as well.
7. If I invite you to a party with a 7 PM start time, what time will I actually see you there?
7:02PM. Early enough to be considered “on time” but not so early as to be the first one there.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I’ve started the hand quilting on T#4’s quilt. I could literallly feel my body relax as I picked up that needle and started running it through the quilt sandwich. Ahhhhhhh