Monday, November 18, 2013

The Weekend Wrap-up



It was a busy and fabulous weekend ... I'm not ready for it to be over. ;-)

Friday morning meant heading over to DD's to watch the two littles while the rest of their crew helped DSIL's parents move (a local move from a small apartment to a larger house).  We watched a couple of movies and played ... I took my hexies with me for something to do while the littles napped.  When I got home, DH gave me the mail, including a box full of sewing goodies!  Tina at Slightly Off Quilter hosted a bloggaversary giveaway earlier this month - that I won!  Look at all the loot she sent!  

I've already got plans for the paper pieces and thread and am sure that I can come up with a project for those precut hexies ... and with the pens I no longer have any excuse not to label my quilts. I am still so excited that I won all that cool quilting stuff!

Saturday was a repeat of Friday ... well, except for the box of goodies in the mail. ;-)

Sunday was a kind of lazy day at Chez Nana, although it wasn't drama-free. We had a band of storms move through around lunchtime. We got some rain and major winds (gusts up to 60 mph). The wind blew the rain so hard that we could scarcely see our neighbors' houses, and it moved our deck furniture including our gas grill.  Thankfully DH didn't detect any damage to the house.  We were very fortunate as the front that was responsible for the storms produced tornadoes that touched down In other parts of the state.  After the storm passed through, I put dinner in the crockpot and spent the afternoon stitching my hexies. Each block has 25 hexies, all stitched together by hand, so it goes slowly. I have 10 finished and am putting together the 11th. I'm really enjoying working with these hexies ... I don't know why I resisted English paper piecing for so long.  ;-)   

Have a marvelous Monday!

15 comments:

  1. Glad you are safe! That was an awful storm. Enjoy your fun prize : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. My bff calls her grands "littles" too! So happy you got to hang out with them and how cool to win some cool hexified stuff! You will love all that quilty goodness right away! Thanks for sharing your weekend and 10 hexie flowers complete is a lot! Congrats! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning! YAY! on being the winner and getting such a fun box of goodies! I KNOW you will enjoy those. I am getting anxious to see your hexies all put together in their blocks. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought about you when I saw the storm damage on the news, this morning. So happy you didn't have any damage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I saw the news about the tornadoes early Sunday, I kept praying for you and your family. I didn't know where in Illinois you were so I just kept praying. I am shocked at the devastation. I am so glad you had such a nice day. Your loot from the giveaway looks fantastic and so much fun.
    I am so glad you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, those storms, my goodness, so devastating. Glad you all are okay.

    What a fun box of goodies and I am sure you will find a use for everything in it. I've decided it has to take patience to quilt because it takes a while to complete a project.

    Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! What a fun win, looks like a perfect fit for you. Enjoy the new playthings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great box to win!!! I saw some pictures of those storms going through, glad you were safe. Also happy you had some time to work on your hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, What a productive weekend; congrats on your win. My weekend was interesting-I'll have to email you. I finished Peanuts quilt and anxious to start on my Alaska one but need to make doll clothes first, for the granddaughters Christmas presents. Hope you have a good day.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  10. We got lucky to miss the storms... just got rain & winds.

    What a fun box!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad those storms weren't worse for you! My sister lives less than 20 miles from Washington, IL. They spent a lot of time in their basement and were without power for 13 hours and the house was safe.
    I'm impressed you got that gift! So exciting! I'm always signing up for stuff and never win. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great prize win!!!
    We escaped the wrath of the storms too, but it was high drama!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay ! I am so glad you loved your box of goodies !! Just don't use those pens to label your quilts ! They are iron off pens ! Good for marking quilting lines and things, but as soon as you touch the iron ( or the dryer or sun ) to them the ink disappears !

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad the storms didn't blow you away or do any damage. Congrats on your win. Glad you got to have fun with the grandkids too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hexie's Hexie's Hexie's - My sister is knee deep in Hexi's too! I keep threatening to start quilting - but haven't taken the plunge yet.

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)