Sunday, February 16, 2014

Slow Sunday Stitching


Slow Sunday Stitching

There hasn't been much slow stitching this weekend ... at least not as much as I would like. I walked with my friend/neighbor yesterday morning, and I celebrated T#1's birthday yesterday evening. Today is his friend party, and he insisted that he wanted me to be there ... I realize that this may well be the last year that he is cool with having his Nana at a friend party, so I wouldn't pass on this for anything!

I did get some piecing done on my Martha Washington's Flower Garden yesterday afternoon. I finished piecing one block and got a start on another. 
I had originally planned to make this as a wall quilt, but I discovered that I love EPP too much to stop ... so I've picked up a few more pieces of some Kansas Troubles a couple of weeks ago and will keep going.  ;-)  It might take me a long time to get this finished, but if I wanted fast, I'd go to Target and buy a quilt. The process is as every bit as enjoyable to me as the finished product. ;-)

I hope to be able to do a little more slow stitching tonight after the party while watching the hockey game ... I'm recording this morning's game as we'll be leaving for church in about 15 minutes, so I won't be able to see the end of this game. It's hard to imagine that it will have as an exciting finish as yesterday's, which was made even more exciting by the fact that TJ Oshie plays for "my" Blues!  ;-)

Have a blessed Sunday!
Kathy 

17 comments:

  1. Good morning! How I am loving that new quilt. I may eventually get around to learning how to do that too. LOVE the colors. Sounds like you have a busy day ahead, but a good one. Us too. I am leaving for the day in about 45 minutes. But I got A LOT of busy work done yesterday so honestly a day just spent in worship and with family sounds about as inviting as it can get. Enjoy your day, and happy birthday to that grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had fun at his family party and you have fun at his friend party too! So nice that he does want you to come :) Love how your hexies are coming along... glad you are loving the process! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, yeah, stitching and hockey, what could be more natural!?
    LeeAnna
    lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slow progress is better than no progress. Your hexies look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun at the party! That flower garden quilt is going to be so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly what you mean about not being able to stop with the hexies :) My first quilt was a Grandmother's Flower Garden - it started out as a block, then a few flowers, then a quilt! It took quite a few years, but I didn't mind, and I know you won't either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy the party...make those memories while you can! Yes, it was an exciting game...and your guy was the hero for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i don't do much hand stitching , at 72 my hands want let me but i may just have to try

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the new quilt. And, yes, better go to those parties while you are so welcome. Happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coolest thing ever to be invited to your grandson's friend party. :) Hope you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coolest thing ever to be invited to your grandson's friend party. :) Hope you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't you love how small projects turn into big ones! Your parts look lovely - such pretty fabrics you are working with.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have some KT fabric if you need some... I just love it! Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that you were invited to the friend party..that won't last! If we didn't enjoy the process, we wouldn't quilt or craft at all, would we? I'm not a hockey fan, but I hope the Blues whoop up on everybody, so that you can have fun watching them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your hexies! I know that feeling when you get going on a project and don't really want it to end :).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Morning my friend, Love this fabric on this quilt. It seems like it will be forever until I am able to pull my fabric out. Our snow is almost gone but we are supposed to get some more this weekend-I'm ready for spring.
    Have a blessed day!
    Hugs,
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)