As in Murphy’s Law … for once again, if something could go wrong with this chevron quilt, it has. Of course, it’s not the quilt’s fault … it’s mine. I thought I could spare myself getting down on my hands and knees to measure the top after the addition of the inner border … I thought I could take the measurement of the top before the inner border and just add the width of the inner border to it. And it might have worked … *IF* I had remembered to remove the seam allowances on the top and the inner border. <sigh> You’d think I never added borders to a quilt! So I had to unstitch the outer border (thankfully I had only put on two sides of the outer border), remeasure the top with the inner border, recut the outer border and then sew those two sides back on. Ahh, much better! By the time I managed to do that, it was time to start dinner, so I called it a day on the quilt. I’ll get the other two sides on tomorrow.
Today we’re going to celebrate the 4th with DD and her family. I’m looking forward to spending the day with my favorite people.
Have a safe and happy 4th!