Friday, December 19, 2014

Happy Anniversary to Us!

What a wonderful anniversary DH and I had!

We had breakfast at Panera (aka St. Louis Bread Co. in these parts) and then drove over to St. Charles. Our first stop was, of course, The Quilted Cottage on Main St. I could have bought 2-3 yards of just about everything in the store! She specializes in repro fabrics, and they'd just got a new shipment in ... of absolutely gorgeous fabrics! I tried to limit myself to fabrics that I thought I'd really use, not just the ones that were so pretty to look at. And when I saw The Quilt Block Bible, I knew I "had" to add it to my purchases ... I'd been wanting to buy a copy but always talked myself out of it. When I saw it this time, I couldn't fight it ... so I bought it.


I love traditional blocks and have long wanted to make a sampler, choosing blocks I like, not the blocks that some designer chose (no offense to designers). Maybe now I can.

We also browsed in some other stores ... I picked up a hand-woven table runner.

After we finished up our shopping, we drove to the Soulard area for BBQ. It was a tiny place, with limited seating but big appeal, so we had to wait about 10 minutes for a table to open up ... but it was worth it. I wish I had thought to take a picture of my meal ... but I just couldn't wait to dig in! I had to give a couple of ribs and 2/3 of my potato salad to DH to finish ... not because they weren't any good but because I was just too full! Yum!

I didn't forget DH ... he got his gift early ... our trip to Hilton Head last month was a combination birthday/anniversary/Christmas gift to him. Don't worry ... there are 4-5 gifts under the tree for him, so he'll have something to open Christmas Day. ;-)

We spent the rest of the day at home ... me with my needle and thread and DH with a good book, watching this week's NCIS (recorded). We are such an old married couple. Ha!

We had hoped to be able to stay up to watch the hockey game, but with a late start (they were playing in LA), it just wasn't happening ... I told you that we are such an old married couple. Ha!

I'm hoping that our 28th year together is a good as our 27th was. ❤️

I hope that whatever you have planned for today includes a little something that brings you joy! Have a great day!
Kathy

13 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day and Hubby and I are an "old married couple too." And, it isn't so bad! :o)))) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as you do what you like and like what you do, life is good! So I think being an 'old married couple' fits you (and us) just fine! Happy Anniversary! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. 28 years wow I have you beat by many I hadn't realized that. your day sounds like how we spend our time too - love that book that you have, have seen it and never bought it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well it sounds like the PERFECT celebration to me too...but then there is no question we fall into the "old married couple": category too. Such a nice place to be though isn't i? Happy Anniversary to you both! May the Lord bless you with many, many more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! Here's to "old married couples". We need lots more of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! Glad you go to enjoy the day!!
    I love that weaved runner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful day, and of course any day where fabric is brought home is a good day! Congratulations and felicitations on your anniversary. When you have a good marriage it is a good idea to celebrate it. All the time! <3 I'll be watching with interest to see what sampler block you choose for your first!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary! Old married couples are something to celebrate--any way you care to. Sounds like you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, it sounds like a wonderful day. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kathy, Belated anniversary wishes to you and your hubby! Sounds like a perfect way to celebrate. We are coming up on 37 in June; hubby gave me my present early for us-we are taking a big trip next June/July. I just saw another new book I want on quilts-I had said no more, but this is one I really want to get. You probably have it-The Big Book of Nickel Quilts.
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  12. A marriage is a wonderful achievement today, and I congratulate you. What a blessing for your children. Happy anniversary and may you have many more occasions to celebrate together!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)