Friday, October 2, 2015

Back to my Routine

 

It took a few days to get all the laundry done, all of September’s paperwork and filing done and back into my routine.  Of course, I had a few distractions … they all start with the letter T.  Red heart 

 

DD invited me up on Monday for a “play day”.  Tuesday, I watched them after Mama left for class and took them to swim practice.  And I had all four most all day Wednesday while DD had to take a test for her psych class (it’s an online class, but she has to go to campus to take the tests/exams) and to take the HESI (for admittance into her college’s nursing program). 

 

Thursday I had to get caught up on recordkeeping here at home … with everything that was going on with DD’s step-mom in August and our trip in September, I was a little behind … thus it took me all morning to get caught up.  I hate dealing with paperwork, so I usually find myself putting it off … I’m not sure why because it doesn’t eliminate any of the paperwork, it just makes a bigger and longer job out of it.  Ugh.

 

Lois and I have resumed our morning walks … but the cool front has moved through, meaning that I’m going to have to dig out my coat.  It was 47 when we started our walk yesterday.  Brrrrrr 

 

But I’ve been able to do a little stitching on my Martha Washington’s Flower Garden most evenings since we’ve been back.  Here’s a shot of my progress as of Thursday afternoon.IMG_0114-1If you remember, I shared a picture of my progress here when we were still in Hilton Head (my iPad tells me that the picture had been taken on the 18th).  At that time I had connectors sewn onto 18 diamond blocks, enough for 3 stars.  In the meantime, I’ve added 12 more diamond blocks and have connectors on another 2 blocks since I took the picture above … in 13 days (2 of which were spent in the car, basting the connector hexies). 

 

Finally … by Thursday afternoon, I was able to sit down and get back to work on my Kiss quilt.  I’m still a little ways from getting it all quilted, but it felt so good to get back to hand quilting.  I haven’t put in a stitch since Labor Day … almost a full month.  While I was glad to have my hexie project to keep my hands busy, I have missed hand quilting for sure.

 

The Ts have their first swim meet next weekend – I can’t wait!  I’ve missed seeing them compete.  It’ll be held in a small town in Missouri, about 2/3 of the way to Homestead Hearth.  I’m thinking that we might just need to head there before the meet … I need to see if I can find more fabrics suitable for fussy cutting for my Patchwork of the Crosses (I purchased some fabrics when in Paducah on our way to Hilton Head last month), not that I need much of an excuse to visit Homestead Hearth.  Winking smile

 

I hope that whatever you have planned for today includes a little something that brings you joy ... have a great day!
Kathy

17 comments:

  1. So glad you were able to get away. I'm from the West Coast and I miss the beach that I grew up loving. It's not within driving distance, but the memories are still with me! I love hearing about your quilting. It's something I want to get involved with in the future. Your work is beautiful and I'm so happy it brings you so much pleasure. Good luck to the kids with their swim meets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always fun to go on a getaway but good to be back home again as well. I love the progress on your Flower Garden. You sound quite busy; enjoy your morning walks. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it sounds like you have jumped back into your regular routine with both feet, lol. I know you missed those T's so I I imagine you enjoyed every minute of your time with them. Good luck to them all on the coming meet. I can't believe how much work is going into your martha washington quilt with those hexies, but honestly is is going to be just GORGEOUS! I soo love it that I am tempted to make one of my own but not sure I have the patience for such a long term project. 47? And here I thought we were doing well as a couple of our mornings have dipped to the low sixties, lol. Enjoy your week-end sweet friend....i would love to hit that store with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy, busy week, but a fun one, I'm sure, since you were with your T's. Love the picture of your progress. It's going to be so pretty when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy, busy! Glad you are finding some T time and some hand stitching time this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a busy time - we are heading to cooler weather this week and I think my walks around the parks will be chillier than I have been used to for at least some of the next two weeks. I had to get on a secure network to get my bills and things done the other day as well. Have to keep up with things even on vacation. Love how the hexies are going

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are one busy lady!
    The Martha Washington Flower Garden blocks are really coming along. I am so impressed. They are beautiful, Kathy!
    Wish I had such tenacity with my hexie project. It might be done by now, since it is a small piece. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never get caught up in day to day things...

    i love you were invited to a play date

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Martha Washington's flower garden quilt is growing really fast. Sounds like you had a lot of fun with those T's this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you are getting back to normal! I think your distractions (the T's) are all worth the time!!! We are thoroughly enjoying our grandkids this week - we're tired but happy! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aren't grandkids just the best!!! We're back in Alberta for a month of them! And we're going to get another one in March next year! These are just the best of times, aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you are having fun! It always feels get back to routine doesn't it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kathy, So glad you are settling back in and getting everything done, plus spending time with your T's. I am hoping to get downstairs tomorrow and sew-I've missed spending time working on the quilt. It is going to be big-following Eleanor Burns instructions, each strip is 2 1/4" each wide-so each block will be huge. Hope you have some fun sewing.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you're all settled back in, and I don't like paperwork either, and no - postponing doesn't make the pile less, but I do it anyway. Have fun with your swim meet watching! (And maybe fabric shopping.. ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I'm always so glad to get back into my routine because I am such a routine gal. Your hexies look great. Good luck to the T's on their swim meets. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)