Saturday, September 19, 2015

Halfway Point

Edited to add:  I'm using the blogger app on my iPad which doesn't give me the option to change the default photo size, hence the overlapping.  I've tried logging into Blogger in my browser in order to edit the size, but for some unknown reason, I'm unable to scroll past the first photo while in edit mode.  So forgive the overlapping photos ... I tried.  

We are at the halfway point on our trip.  It doesn't seem possible that we've already spent a week here.

I've tried every day for the last few days to sit down and get you all caught up, but I just haven't been able to put together anything very interesting.  Our days have all been pretty much the same ... get up and watch the sun rise over the ocean
do some stitching on my Martha Washington's Flower Garden (I stitched six blocks before we left [not shown here] and am now stitching on my 12th block done while here in our Happy Place)
stroll along the beach (dreaming of owning one of these homes along our walks ... pipe dreams to be sure, but fun to dream about)
go out for dinner (local black sea bass served over Boursin cheese grits with a side of baby limas - yum! the best meal so far)
play a little Dice with Friends to wind down the day, and then get to bed.  How many different ways can I talk about that?  ;-)

The weather gave us fits before we left ... one day the long range forecast would be calling for sunny days, the next it would call for rainy days.  We've had some of both, but we were able to get our walk along the beach even on those rainy days.  

I can only hope the next 7 days will be as enjoyable as these last 7 days.  While I'm not anxious to leave, I will confess that I'm missing my daughter and my grands and can't wait to see them.  

I hope that you have something planned today that will bring you some joy.
Kathy

18 comments:

  1. Vaca time seems to slip away... the anticipation of being there... then finally getting there and so quickly the time slips away... glad you found time to share some fun food and glorious sunrises with us! I hope you are able to chat with your dd and grands each day and stay caught up while you are in your happy place :)
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vacations always pass too quickly! Your days sound perfect. I'm way past the do-something-unique-and very-special-each-day-of-vacation thing. The best days are the days you enjoy the whole day - whatever you do, no matter how interesting (or not) it is. I'm off to a flag football game this morning. Thank goodness last night's storms have passed on. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear you are enjoying your vacation, and that you've managed to enjoy your walks on the beach in spite of the weather! I've often dreamed of owning one of those ocean-side homes, too...
    My back surgery is behind me, and I'm recuperating nicely :) So far, so good. I'll be back to blogging next week. Enjoy the time you have left!
    Kathy (from Reflections by Kathy)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love to see your posts while you are on holiday. Looks like a fabulous place to be and a wonderful week of sunrises and sunsets with hexies in between. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like you are getting in a ton of exercise - walking the beaches is so much harder actually than regular paths! enjoy your time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all looks and sounds wonderful to me....gorgeous sunrises, and yummy food, lots of stitching time, and long walks on the beach. About as good as it gets! lol
    As for me on those walks on the beach, I might be able to walk for a little while on the hardened by the water sand, as long as I didn't have to walk through regular sand to get there. I have been told I have NO cartilage, and that they needed to be replaced 5 years ago and I have yet to bite the bullet and do it. They have been sooo bad recently I may finally have no choice. It sounds like I am being a big baby I know in that I refuse to do it, but I have had many surgeries over the years and I honestly just can hardly bear the thought. And it would be 2 more, not 1. My orthopedic doc refuses to do them as the same time. Sooo I guess I whine about being soo crippled and incapacitated in the meantime when it is something I "could" solve, OR at least alleviate somewhat. I do have arthritis everywhere as well to tell you the truth though, and 2 of my sisters have been diagnosed with RA, and I wonder if I would do the surgeries and suffer anyway. Sorry for this draining comment, lol, I am enjoying this vaca with you....I know you miss your daughter and those kido's. How I miss mine too! Suppose to go there for Thanksgiving, but hubby hasn't committed yet...if not won't see that bunch till Christmas! Enjoy this last week, I am sure it will fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks and sounds like a perfect getaway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like such a relaxing time! Our day today includes finishing up a project, spending some time with our son and DIL, and getting the trailer ready for Grizz to head out for his fishing trip - all of which will give me a relaxing week, next week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It all sounds perfect and the sunrise is beautiful. Enjoy the next week to the fullest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy every moment. Those good times go by so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad you are having a nice time. I like your big pictures. I like being able to see them.
    I hope your next 7 days are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some days all a girl needs is to wake up and walk on the beach. Your Martha hexie quilt is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you are enjoying a nice relaxing vacation with your hubby! Enjoy the next week and soak up all those wonderful vibes from your happy place =). GW is looking wonderful - love the maroon connectors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The food looks yummy! I am a big fan of seafood. Have you been able to see War Room yet?
    We head for the Blue Ridge Parkway next week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sounds like the perfect beach vacation to me. Sunrise, beach time, hobby time and good food. What more could you possibly want. I've really enjoyed catching your beach pictures on Instagram and now here on your blog. Hope this next week will be just as wonderful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lucky girl to get to just enjoy those beautiful views... Enjoy this next week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like an ideal vacation to me! Just you keep on doing exactly as you have been - enjoying the time together doing what you love.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you are enjoying every minute of your trip. Love the work on the hexie's.

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)