Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Another Halfway Point

We are now halfway through our final week here in our Happy Place. And I'll have to be honest and say that while I'm still not ready to go, I'm not dreading leaving as much as I was last week. I'm really missing my favorite people - a lot. No, I definitely could not move away ... DH and I long dreamed of moving to the beach when we retired ... but that was before we had grands. So we'll continue to stay in Illinois ... unless DSIL transfers (hopefully to the beach or at least to an area closer to the beach).

We still are on the search for sand dollars. When we were here in May, we saw a lot of them ... including 10 that were no longer alive so I could take them home with me. We have, however, seen starfish on this trip. Not as many as we saw in May ... and I couldn't be sure that they weren't still alive, so I had to leave them on the beach. When we first started coming to Hilton Head, we never saw a single starfish ... we just assumed that they weren't indigenous to the Island.

 

 

 

I have a feeling that the rest of our time here will be even more relaxed than the first week and a half. Tuesday, after our walk, my foot slipped out from under me at the hosing off station ... I didn't hurt myself, other than bruise and a little stiffness the next morning. Enough that I think I'll take it more slowly out on the beach. And it's probably just as well as there's rain and cooler temperatures in the forecast for tomorrow and Friday. Hopefully there'll be some breaks in the rain so we can get out onto the beach like we did last week, but if not, I'll just remind myself what DH always says "a rainy day at the beach is still better than a sunny day at home".

 

And of course, I'll have my MWFG to keep me occupied. At last count, I have 18 blocks with connectors attached (24 if you count the 6 I stitched at home before we left). I wish I could take a picture of them all, but our condo is too small. Maybe I'll remember to take a picture when we get home. (Y'all can remind me - ha!)

 

It's been too cloudy to get out to take any good sunrise photos. While some cloud cover helps make for a more dramatic sunrise photo, too many means that we can't even see the sun.

 

This one was taken from our balcony.


I doubt if I'll be posting again until after we get back home ... so until then, I hope that whatever you have planned includes a little something that brings you joy ... have a great day!

Kathy

 

13 comments:

  1. Enjoy the time you have left and have a safe drive home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so relaxing! Enjoy the sand between your toes as today is the first day of all and that brings us closer to winter! YUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos are beautiful, we enjoy living at the beach, of course it would be a whole lot nicer if the Grands were here too. I can totally understand why you would want to stay close to yours. Enjoy the rest of your time at the beach

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you aren't too stiff. Love your photos - kind of makes me want to head for the coast! Instead we'll head for the Shenandoah Valley on Monday. Enjoy the time you have left there! And have a safe trip home. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous sunrise photos! We're sitting here on the other coast waiting for the sunset and hoping for something even half that spectacular. It's partly cloudy so we may be in luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous sunrise photos! We're sitting here on the other coast waiting for the sunset and hoping for something even half that spectacular. It's partly cloudy so we may be in luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Home always looks a lot sweeter when you have littles to look forward to seeing again. Enjoy the final days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you were not injured when you slipped.
    Love the photos--starfish and sunrises. Both are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful pictures! Thank you again for sharing them. Hope these last couple of days will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're right - a bad day at the beach is better than a good day elsewhere! Glad you're having a good time. Enjoy every minute!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the creatures on the sand... I just hate sand :) haha
    I feel relaxed just looking at your pictures. Hope you have enjoyed the last part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Autumn Kathy, Girl as if I weren't already wishing I was there too, the talk of sand dollars has my head imagining. Back in Ca. we used to collect them all the time-I still have a few that survived moves. I love them; haven't ever found any in the islands-there I look for sea glass. Enjoy the rest of your time, soak up enough sunshine to last through winter. Sending love your way.

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)