Thursday, November 19, 2015

Back in Focus

 

focus

The last several days, I’ve felt “out of focus”.  I tried to sit and read or to sit and quilt, but I just couldn’t seem to focus.  Thankfully today I’m feeling back in focus and got in several hours of quilting on my Labor Day Stars.  I finished up block #17 and even got a good start on #18 (the final pieced block).  IMG_0334Ahhhh, it felt so good to get back to my needle and thread. 

 

The weekend was another busy one … another swim meet.  This was a fun meet because in addition to the standard events, they incorporated some fun events as well.  Here is T#2 participating in the Pumpkin Push Relay, where each swimmer had to push a pumpkin down the lane.  IMG_0322

T#1 and his best friend participated in the Push-Pull event, where the swimmers swam as one … the rear swimmer (who serves as the legs) holds on to the ankles of the front swimmer (who serves as the arms).  At the end of the first lap, the swimmers switch positions.  You can barely see T#1 behind his friend here.  IMG_0309

T#3 participated in the Pumpkin Push, but I didn’t get a picture of him … but here he is getting ready to step up onto the block for an event.  IMG_0291

There’s another meet this weekend, and I’m really looking forward to seeing them swim. 

 

There’s a fun little meme going around Facebook where our most-used words are collected.  My words

I had to laugh at some of those words, like fbi?  Of course, I see plenty of references to the beach and to quilting.  I love that my most-used word is <3 (the Facebook shortcut for Red heart). 

 

I hope that whatever you have planned for today includes a little something that brings you joy ... have a great day!
Kathy

23 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you're getting back in the swing of things, and feeling up to quilting again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been quilting so quickly and steadily that an out of focus day or two was probably just a break you needed. Love the idea of the pumpkin push and 2 swimmers being one! Fun indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been quilting so quickly and steadily that an out of focus day or two was probably just a break you needed. Love the idea of the pumpkin push and 2 swimmers being one! Fun indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling better. I spent a lot of yesterday in the chair hand quilting. Got a good amount done and it felt good. Hope you are getting sleep at night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing your quilting. Glad you have your focus back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are feeling better and are able to feel like quilting again. That swim meet sounds like it was so much fun.

    Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to hear you are getting back to normal. Have a great weekend. We'll be at a hockey game unless we get too much snow - ugh! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad life is turning back up for you :) Love that a heart emogee is your most use word... <3 Congrats on your T's and on your quilty progress too! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  9. must be fun to attend the events for the grandchildren - I'm sure they appreciate it. love the progress on the quilt. feeling better?

    ReplyDelete
  10. It always feels good to be back in focus again. The pool antics look like fun - and a challenge. Your quilting is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad your back to your old self! Your moving right along on that quilt. I am looking forward to seeing it all done. Swim meet looks fun too. I've been SOO busy over here trying to get things done. Not sure WHY I am soo behind this year, lol. Not sure IF I'll get a post up or not. I am trying. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know exactly what you mean - I've been out of focus for a couple of months! I seem to be getting back in the groove as well - it's nice isn't it? How cool that your most-used word is the symbol for heart! I have always seen you as a "heart" person - generous, loving, caring, and sharing your heart with all those blessed to be a part of your life <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Someone was very creative with those swim meet events. Does sound like fun. : )
    Excellent progress on your Labor Day Stars. How exciting to be on the last pieced block!
    I echo Teresa's sentiment. You are so giving and loving to those around you. <3 being your most used is not a huge surprise to me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My main word was the <3 too :)
    So I guess pumpkins float - I wasn't sure :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. You must be feeling better, and I am so glad to see you hitting your pace again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fun additions to the swim meets. Bet the kids had fun. Glad you're finding time and motivation to get back to your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pumpkin float? Sounds like fun. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  18. SO glad you're feeling more "you"! I hate it when I don't feel just right. There is too much we want to do to be puny, isn't there!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi dear friend, I'm so thankful you got to see today! You stay so busy, I got some time sewing today and hope to get more time tomorrow. Sending you lots of love!
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so glad to hear you are feeling back in focus. I hope you are feeling better all around! The T's sure look like they are having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have had those days a lot lately! I have had two great days of stitching this week. Going to TX than on to Ca next week so I am sure I will be happy to get back home and back to my stitching. The cold weather coming our way should help too

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's hard when we lose focus, though I don't know if you mean mentally or physically. Either one is hard! Your Labor Day Stars block looks beautiful. And your Ts are oh, so cute! Hope they do well in their upcoming meet this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful work, as always.
    ________________________
    American Actor HD Wallpapers

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)