Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge



For the second week in a row, I’m able to participate in the Hodgepodge.  It’s such a fun little meme, and it allows us to learn a little more about each other.  You’re certainly welcome to join in the fun, if you’d like … just click on the button above.

1. Besides Thanksgiving, something you're looking forward to on your November calendar?
DH and I are talking about possibly heading to Hilton Head after Thanksgiving … we’ll be celebrating with DD and her extended family in Chattanooga at her sister-in-law’s.  Chattanooga is just 6 hours from Hilton Head, so we’d be a little more than halfway there.

2.  If I gave you a thank you card right now who would you send it to and why?
If I could, I'd like to send a thank-you card to each one of my readers.  I appreciate your taking the time to stop by  ...  I appreciate your comments, your motivation, your insights, your encouragement, your friendship. 

3. Of the breads listed, which one's your favorite...bagel, cinnamon, sourdough, garlic, banana, biscuit, pita, Naan, or plain old fashioned white bread?
My favorite bread, especially for sandwiches, is focaccia, but since it’s not listed, I’ll say cinnamon.  But ONLY if the breadmaker included more cinnamon … most seem to have gotten awfully chintzy on their cinnamon.  Sad smile

4. What's something you have in abundance? Is that a good thing?
Fabric is the first thing that comes to my mind.  And since I’m a quilter and use my fabric to make quilts, I’d say that’s a good thing.

5. November 5th is National Love Your Red Hair Day. Are there any redheads in your family? Who's your favorite redhead?
There are redheads in my extended family … a cousin has red hair and my maternal grandfather had red hair.  I can see a hint of red in DD’s hair, and T#2 is a strawberry blond.  Either one of those two would certainly be my favorite redhead.

6.  The travel website Busbud recently calculated the most Instagrammed spot in every state. Go here to see what made the list where you live. Are you happy with your state's #1? If not what do you think should be the most photographed spot in your state? Have you snapped a photo there? If you live outside the USA answer as it relates to your state, city or province.
I guess I can’t quarrel with Wrigley Field as the #1 Instagrammed spot in my state.  Still … there’s so much more to Illinois than Chicago, people!  (Aside from crooked politicians and financial ruin – ha!) 

7. I'm going to try to have something related to gratitude in this spot each week during the month of November. Here's this week's question-
What's something you've learned about yourself this year that you're grateful for?

I’ve thought a lot about this lately, and I just don’t have an answer for this.  Not that I’m not grateful … but I cannot think of something that I’ve learned about myself this past year.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

It’s been foggy here every morning for the last 4-5 days … not so heavy that it would keep one from getting out and about if necessary.  But since it’s been warming up to around 70, I’m not complaining. 

I’ve been making progress on my Labor Day Stars.  I’m about halfway done with the SITD (stitch in the ditch) around the stars on block #11.  IMG_0268I hope that whatever you have planned for today includes a little something that brings you joy ... have a great day!
Kathy

23 comments:

  1. Redhead appreciation day??? I'll have to remember that tomorrow.

    I like the movement that the quilting is adding to your stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't really say there is anything in November I look forward to - whereas Thanksgiving is a nice holiday it is almost always spent quietly at home - no big crowds just four us normally and it doesn't really seem that much different than any other day in November except I make pumpkin pies that I love! that will be nice if you get back to Hilton Head again, I know you love it there.
    I love homemade pumpernickel bread and would choose that over most others if given a choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of Red Head appreciation day but I have a few in my circle that I am thankful for. The other holiday I look forward to in November is Veterans Day, we always try to spend the day in Williamsburg because they have all types of festivities honoring our vets. We have been having 70's here too and I'm loving it. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thankful for you, as well, Kathy. I haven't been the best at blogging lately, but you haven't given up on me yet. Thank you! Another trip to HHI...sounds glorious to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love there is a redhead appreciation day :)
    Love that Illinois meme... everyone always thinks of the big cities first

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabric in abundance - unbelievable!!! lol Hope that trip to HH works out - we were at the beach in December a few years ago - it was great! A number of years ago, my cousin was in Mexico and was asked where she was from - Illinois. Next question: "Are you a Chicago Gangster?"! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Going to Disneyland with my red headed SIL, daughter and grandkids! As for abundance fall leaves are beginning to fall and they are everywhere!!! Your pictures say it all about Illinois!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha-that's a great pic illustrating your state. I think New Yorkers feel that way too. It's all about the city, when in fact NY is a gorgeous state with so much beautiful scenery. Hope you get your HH part 2 : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a special Thanksgiving treat it would be to visit Hilton Head again, so soon after your last visit! I hope things work out :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your answers. I'm going to that website to see what they say about my area.
    Holding you close in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your quilted star! I am a "pinner" in our quilting group at church. I have an eye for laying out the squares, and pinning - then the REAL quilters take over!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Redhead day... will have to remember that tomorrow and shout out to my niece - the only red head in our family. Hope you get a chance to get to the beach again - I know that is your happy place. I am very thankful I found your blog =) Enjoy your slow stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved reading your comments for your Hodge Podge Wednesday. I think if you're half way to HH you'd better keep going. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are fun but I had to laugh...where do they come up with all of these days, such as national red head day? I am a red head though it's fading with age but I missed the celebration! YESTERDAY was national sandwich day which I found about on Faceback and went and got BOGOs at Subway... I was all for that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are fun but I had to laugh...where do they come up with all of these days, such as national red head day? I am a red head though it's fading with age but I missed the celebration! YESTERDAY was national sandwich day which I found about on Faceback and went and got BOGOs at Subway... I was all for that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have a fun November planned. I hope you get to take that add on trip to Hilton Head!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you make to Hilton Head after Thanksgiving. That would be a great break between the holidays. You are really making progress on you Labor Day Stars!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this block -- the colors, the sashing, the corner square. Just perfect. And look at your tiny stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for stopping by my blog page. SWMBO hasn't been blogging for awhile. Although her cancer is still in remission, she doesn't have the endurance that she once had and tires easily. Thank you for your concern.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That sounds like a perfect plan to follow through on after Thanksgiving!!! I think Wrigley Field was a good choice for most photographed.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like how you're quilting the stars, they look swirly!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.
    HD Wallpapers

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)