Wednesday, November 4, 2015
For the second week in a row, I’m able to participate in the Hodgepodge. It’s such a fun little meme, and it allows us to learn a little more about each other. You’re certainly welcome to join in the fun, if you’d like … just click on the button above.
1. Besides Thanksgiving, something you're looking forward to on your November calendar?
DH and I are talking about possibly heading to Hilton Head after Thanksgiving … we’ll be celebrating with DD and her extended family in Chattanooga at her sister-in-law’s. Chattanooga is just 6 hours from Hilton Head, so we’d be a little more than halfway there.
2. If I gave you a thank you card right now who would you send it to and why?
If I could, I'd like to send a thank-you card to each one of my readers. I appreciate your taking the time to stop by ... I appreciate your comments, your motivation, your insights, your encouragement, your friendship.
3. Of the breads listed, which one's your favorite...bagel, cinnamon, sourdough, garlic, banana, biscuit, pita, Naan, or plain old fashioned white bread?
My favorite bread, especially for sandwiches, is focaccia, but since it’s not listed, I’ll say cinnamon. But ONLY if the breadmaker included more cinnamon … most seem to have gotten awfully chintzy on their cinnamon.
4. What's something you have in abundance? Is that a good thing?
Fabric is the first thing that comes to my mind. And since I’m a quilter and use my fabric to make quilts, I’d say that’s a good thing.
5. November 5th is National Love Your Red Hair Day. Are there any redheads in your family? Who's your favorite redhead?
There are redheads in my extended family … a cousin has red hair and my maternal grandfather had red hair. I can see a hint of red in DD’s hair, and T#2 is a strawberry blond. Either one of those two would certainly be my favorite redhead.
6. The travel website Busbud recently calculated the most Instagrammed spot in every state. Go here to see what made the list where you live. Are you happy with your state's #1? If not what do you think should be the most photographed spot in your state? Have you snapped a photo there? If you live outside the USA answer as it relates to your state, city or province.
I guess I can’t quarrel with Wrigley Field as the #1 Instagrammed spot in my state. Still … there’s so much more to Illinois than Chicago, people! (Aside from crooked politicians and financial ruin – ha!)
7. I'm going to try to have something related to gratitude in this spot each week during the month of November. Here's this week's question-
What's something you've learned about yourself this year that you're grateful for?
I’ve thought a lot about this lately, and I just don’t have an answer for this. Not that I’m not grateful … but I cannot think of something that I’ve learned about myself this past year.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It’s been foggy here every morning for the last 4-5 days … not so heavy that it would keep one from getting out and about if necessary. But since it’s been warming up to around 70, I’m not complaining.
I’ve been making progress on my Labor Day Stars. I’m about halfway done with the SITD (stitch in the ditch) around the stars on block #11. I hope that whatever you have planned for today includes a little something that brings you joy ... have a great day!