Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Summer?

 

I guess it’s only right that if we had a spring-like winter, we’ll be having a summer-like spring.  With this trend, I’m afraid to contemplate what our summer might be like.  Surprised smile

 

We tied a record high yesterday – 84.  And it was a marvelous day.  I sat at the kitchen counter at breakfast and heard the birds chirping … I knew then that it was going to be a great day, but it definitely exceeded my expectations.  We opened the doors well before noon … it was simply marvelous to have fresh air wafting through the house.  Since it was summer-like weather, it was only fitting and proper that DH got out and mowed the grass (with the mild winter, the grass didn’t completely stop growing) … nothing says summer more than the sound of the mower.  I joined in the summer fun as well, working in the landscaping … with the baseball game on the radio.   It was truly a marvelous day. 

 

It’s going to be another gorgeous day today.  I may get to watch the Ts today … and if I do, I definitely see some outdoor time for us!  Red heart

6 comments:

  1. enjoy the nice weather! we are having some nice weather this week also not has hot as you but in the 70's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the summer feel that we are having as well. It's not as warm as you are having but I'll take 66 for now. I hope more snow is gone and I an go home from work and rake some more, I really like the physical activity I get from raking. Enjoy your nice weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think we have had a winter here at all! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfect day! Enjoy your T's if they come over today. :o) We have had a spring like winter as well, and I'm hoping it's not one of those summers where we have several weeks of 100 plus temps. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love opening the windows and doors and letting the fresh air clear out of the indoor stale air. There is such a short time between heat and air conditioning that I really appreicate it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was in the 70s here today! Just wonderful, even if I had to work most of it. Thanks to the time change I had daylight left when I got home - got my bike out and went for a ride!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)